Saturday's Workout!!!

Scott William
on 12/4/09 11:42 pm
I did 4 miles this morning in a cold drizzly rain.  It was actually kind of nice and my hands are almost thawed out.

What did you do today?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Duane1064
on 12/5/09 12:39 am - Bloomington, IN
 I found out today that I swim like a bulldog!  I did a mile warm up run and then did some laps in the pool.  Swimming is going to be the toughest part of this triathlon training for sure.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Markrb
on 12/5/09 6:44 am - MA
I had planned on doing an 8 mile run today, but the wife and dogs wanted to come along so I did a five mile run in the light snow. Duane, I found that swimming is by far the hardest for me when doing a triathlon. I'm thinking about some lessons to get ready for next season.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Rob S.
on 12/5/09 10:20 am - DE
I ran three double loops this morning at our library park.  When I stopped, my running partner was upset that we only had completed 3 1/2 miles, so she made me do an extra two loops for five miles.  It was drizzly, but not real chilly.  Snow didn't start until later in the morning.
Rob
Duane1064
on 12/5/09 10:22 am - Bloomington, IN
 I'm fortunate that my wife is an excellent swimmer.  She swam on her highschool swim team.  She may  be able to give me some pointers.  If she can't then I'm going to get some lessons.  I can swim but not with the prowess and technique that I will need to do a triathlon.  I'm stubborn, it may take me a little while but I'll get there.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Raze
on 12/5/09 11:24 am, edited 12/5/09 11:29 am
60 mins on the treadmill...somewhere over 4 miles i forget. final walking speed 4.6mph

this was my FIRST one hour session since i started 6 months ago. so its a mini milestone of sorts. not going to give it too much heed, however. its just time. my goal is to go as far and as long as is reasonable. regardless of numbers

when i finished tonight it was easy. really. for the first time, it has felt like that latley. i felt when i finished i had more in me. how much more? i hope to find that out. but none of this seems too real right now. how can this be me?

i got home, had a burst of energy and wanted to run around my block. still in my gym stuff. i actually had a thought "go back. you can do more"

this is NOT me. but it is. so....i guess i just keep putting one foot in front of another

IMO

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/5/09 1:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Exercise Log

remove Running, 7.5 mph (8 min/mile) Time: 52m 11s  |  Exercise Calories Burned: 1071 Cal  |  Distance: 6.20
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 12/5/09 9:47 pm
5k Jingle Bell run faster than I expected.  I was able to average a 9:57 pace, which was a nice surprise.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

levittown_loser
on 12/6/09 7:19 am - Levittown, PA
Hmmm what was yesterday?    Busy weekend here.    I did 6 miles on Kelly Drive.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active