Body Bugg???

lisalynn
on 12/3/09 7:45 pm, edited 12/3/09 7:46 pm - MS
Hi, Im just starting out and am trying to lose weight without surgery one last time before I decide to do it.  I am thinking about buying one of those body buggs you see the biggest loser contestants wearing. It tracks the number of calories you burn in a day. I was wondering if anyone had used it and how it went for them. your comments will be greatly appreciated,

p.s. does anyone know if you have to keep the online subscripyion after it runs out? will it stop working if I cancel it?

Thanks, LIsaLynn
MacMadame
on 12/4/09 2:21 am - Northern, CA
I'm pretty sure you need the online subscription to read your numbers, but I don't have one so I could be wrong. That's what my friend who has one led me to believe anyway.

The Gowear Fit is the same device only cheaper, btw.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

sara772779
on 12/6/09 12:15 pm - Allen, TX
I have the GoWearFit.  They are similar and both made by Body Media(I think that is it).  The only difference I understand there to be is that the GoWearFit actually monitors your sleep/sleep patterns. 

What I"ve learned......(1) I burn way, way less than what I thought I did.  Even with exercise.   (2) I still have to eat right AND track it all somewhere, either on the Body Media website or your own tracker.  I still prefer SparkPeople.  (3)  The choice is still mine.  I still choose to eat what I want.  No peice of equipment changes that. 

How it helps me:  Similar with my water intake or other important things that I do every single day, I set goals to acheive by certain times of day.  I want to burn 1000 calories by noon/before lunch on days I exercise after work.  On days I exercise before work, I want 1350 calories before noon/lunch.   I want to walk10000 steps before I leave work.  I want at least 60 minutes of moderate activity every single day plus 30 minutes of high.  I can do these things honestly by using my GoWearFit and the monitor. 

I like it.  It's been a good investment for me.  And yes, you need the subscription.

I weighed 313 pounds on December 1, 2008 the day of my RNY surgery and have lost 81% 
of my excess body weight to-date.                                        Current as of November 1, 2009
OH Mini-Challenge Goal for New Year's Day is 170 pounds. 11 pounds to go!
lisalynn
on 12/6/09 1:35 pm - MS
Thank you so much for the info. I didn't think I was gonna ever here back from someone who had it.
Raze
on 12/6/09 5:47 pm, edited 12/6/09 5:50 pm
hi. good luck with your weight loss

those "Body Buggs"  are not unique, i'm pretty sure. i think there are other devices on the market that do the same, without a sub needed. i could be wrong, but i see people at the gym wearing some gizmos sometimes. like calorie burn counters and stuff. so maybe you can look in another direction, too. might be similar products out there. how accurate and effective is anyones guess

on a side note, i am glad you are here in this forum,. its probably the best place to be on the board, and a good place to be inspired for working out and losing weight. if you do have surgery, plz come back here FIRST if you post at OH. stay in the game, and know exercise isn't just for losing weight, but for fitness and health forever

i am just over 6 months in working out. just powerwalking. and man, it is the BEST. and as you can see...those who do this keep doing it even after the weight is gone. to lose weight? i do right now...but will continue afterward, too

its incredible to do this stuff. and more so after the weight has come down.  that is what i am feeling now

please visit again and often!

IMO

lisalynn
on 12/8/09 4:30 am - MS
Thank you so much, I could really use the encouragement. I will visit here again thats for sure, Its very helpful and everyone is so supportive.
Raze
on 12/9/09 12:47 pm, edited 12/9/09 12:48 pm
they're giving some of these away at my gym, i just found out. i just have to go 8 times between now and next month

if i get it...its yours. if you're not around, i'll hold my own raffle

don't hold your breath, however. i probably won't win crap

IMO

lisalynn
on 12/10/09 12:25 am - MS
Oh, my gosh, thank you soo much, just the thought that you would try to do that  for me is awesome.  I think I'm speechless, I don't know what to say, except thank you soo much. Even if you dont get it I appreciate  the effort soo much.
Most Active