sore muscles

Kathy J.
on 12/2/09 12:09 pm - Flint, MI
Hello everyone....  I am new to this fitness forum.  I have a question, I have a boot camp class twice a week and I am dealing with sore muscles.  I soak in the bath for an hour yesterday and I still have a hard time walking today.  What can I do for my muscles? 

Thank you for any input that you can give me.

Kathy

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/2/09 12:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Instead of soaking in a hot / warm bath for 1 hour, you should soak in an ice bath for 20 minutes. Ho****er PROMOTES lactic acid build up, Ice contricts it. It's def not as enjoyable, but your body will thank you the next day, I promise....Great job on your fitness!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 12/2/09 8:37 pm
Congrats on the soreness.  It is the most awesome feeling in the world.  Anyway, get in your tub and start the cold water running.  After the water gets high enough, add some ice.  I have read some studies out of England that say that the ice in unnecessary though.  The cold tap water is enough to knock down the soreness and make you feel better.  I have never tried the ice bath without the ice but I can tell you that the ice defenitely works.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Kathy J.
on 12/3/09 8:07 am - Flint, MI
Thank you for all your help....Sounds like I am going to have to have an ice bath.  I am still walking funny and it has been two days.  But I am not giving up, I am going to try a spinning class on Sat for the first time.  Wish me luck :)

Most Active