Wednesday Workouts ! ! !

Scott William
on 12/1/09 11:41 pm
This morning, I leaned in to the bathroom and told my showering wife that I was going for a run and would be back in 22 minutes.  Her response as I was turned to walk down the hall was, "oh, a mile".  After about two seconds she realized what she had said and continued, "or two, or three or four", but it was too late.  The damage was done.  ;)  I went back and said, "A MILE -- A MILE!"  She said, "sorry honey" and we had a good laugh.

Anyway, the 22 minutes represented 2.2 miles at 10 min pace.  That is what I did today.  I have started a streak and don't want to risk injury by increasing my milage too much so I have been doing 2 or 3 mile runs for 10 days now.  I will start increasing it by the end of the week.

How did you do today?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Hawgman
on 12/2/09 1:58 am - TX
Five miles at 10 mins / mile.

Cool and crisp!!
mcarthur01
on 12/2/09 2:29 am - Cumming, GA
intervals on the TM today for 30 minutes... ended up @ a little over 3.5 miles.  Was planning on an hour spin afterwards but was called to work early so had to leave @ 35 minutes.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Kevin A.
on 12/2/09 4:51 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
1 mile run, 45 minute Spin class and another 1 mile run!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Scott William
on 12/2/09 7:17 am
Hey Kevin.  Nice to see you.  Hope all is going well.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Kevin A.
on 12/3/09 1:32 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hey Scott!! Everything is good!! Thanks for asking!! I'm still working out just not as much as I use too.. But I getting back in training mode.

Sorry to hear about your injury!! Take care!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Duane1064
on 12/2/09 9:48 am - Bloomington, IN
 2 miles on the treadmill and full body workout with weights.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Raze
on 12/2/09 10:16 am, edited 12/2/09 10:16 am
awesome!

great forum. i made a "The Gym" thread in "Rants And Raves" because i felt like ranting and raving about my gym work

but alas, no one posted. awful lonely in there.  i would think more of us WLS people might go to the gym? maybe not....

but anyway....my workout today consisted of 40 mins on a threadmill, starting at 3.8 mph and quickly working my way to 4.6 mph. i've been going 45-50 mins lately, but didn't pu**** that far today

i also set the incline to 2.0 for my last 10 mins

at the end of this motnh it will be 7 in the gym. and hopefully nearly 70 more pounds lost

great. and a very nice forum

IMO

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/2/09 12:54 pm, edited 12/2/09 12:55 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Pretty Solid Day For Me:

Exercise Log

remove Running, 6.7 mph (9 min/mile) Time: 1h 2m 56s  |  Exercise Calories Burned: 1124 Cal  |  Distance: 7 mi make favorite edit edit Source: OH Exercises      

remove Swimming laps, freestyle, slow, moderate or light effort Time: 39m 58s  |  Exercise Calories Burned: 450 Cal  |  Distance: 2250 m make favorite edit edit Source: OH Exercises     

remove Bicycling, >20 mph, racing, not drafting Time: 45m   |  Exercise Calories Burned: 1187
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 12/2/09 7:16 pm
Nice job on your streak Scott.  I think that's the approach I need to take to get back into running now that the hamstring is about 85% better. 

For me Wednesday was a 60-minute spin class.  Upper body was a little sore from the conditioning class yesterday.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active