Suggestions for inexpensive pair of sneakers?

designera
on 12/3/09 5:23 pm
Honestly New Balance is my favorite running shoe...........you should try a discount store like TJ Maxx I usually only spend about $40 for New Balance there! Good luck!

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

talksoupslp
on 12/3/09 8:35 pm
I never thought about checking out TJ Maxx!  Another good idea!  Thank you.

-Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
illiniscott
on 12/8/09 11:47 am - Holland, MI
Another great place to buy New Balance (or any other shoe for that matter) is Kohl's. 
MacMadame
on 12/4/09 11:34 am - Northern, CA
I read that plantar fasciitis actually had tight calves as it's root cause. So now I do stuff to loosen up my calves in hopes mine won't come back.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MargieInMI
on 12/5/09 5:54 am - Grand Blanc, MI
I developed plantar fasciitis after having surgery on a broke ankle, but it seems to have greatly improved since I lost weight...not sure if there is a connection or not.  I do wear heels to work almost every day and have a high arch. 

My favorite shoes have always been New Balance, but Saucony come very highly recommended (yes this is superficial but I couldn't get over how the shoes looked). 

As someone mentioned, try TJMaxx or Ross's or Marshall's (if you have any of those).  You can also check online. Zappo's is a pretty good site and if I'm not mistaken, you can order and return shoes without a charge.

If you are going to be on your feet, especially with impact, get good shoes.  And I'm sure you can find New Balance for that price at most places (also try outlet malls).

sara772779
on 12/6/09 12:22 pm - Allen, TX

I usually "retire" my running sneakers to be my gym sneaks after they have too many miles on them.  They still offer great support but not enough for running and since I do that every few months I've always got a fresh pair to leave in my gym bag.   

It also sounds like you know the brand and style you like, so try shopping online.  I like shoes.com and shoebuy.com for specific searches since shipping is free both ways.

I weighed 313 pounds on December 1, 2008 the day of my RNY surgery and have lost 81% 
of my excess body weight to-date.                                        Current as of November 1, 2009
OH Mini-Challenge Goal for New Year's Day is 170 pounds. 11 pounds to go!
talksoupslp
on 12/7/09 8:50 pm
Just thought I would update.  I bought a pair of Nike sneakers, retail price $62.  Bought at Kohl's where they were running a "power sale" Saturday morning for $40.  I had $10 Kohl's cash from the shopping I did the week before and I had a 15% off your entire purchase at Kohl's for the weekend.  So, the sneakers (which feel pretty darn good) cost $27.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Most Active