Feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Katari
on 11/30/09 9:27 am, edited 11/30/09 9:20 pm - OR
I just had to share...While the numbers aren't great, they are getting better.  Three month's ago, I weighed in at 224. I wasn't running at all, I would wal****asionally (1 to 3 miles) wasn't riding a bike at all (it's been years!). Today I weighed in at 176.

one month ago I started C25K. My first recorded walk/run on the nike i-pod showed a mile at 25 minutes. Yes, 25 minutes to do a single mile. That's how out of shape I was. I still wasn't biking at all.

Yesterday, I didn't run but I did bike. I got in 4 miles in less than 25 minutes. (two weeks ago, I couldn't keep up with my hubby at all...)

Today, I ran. I got in 2.25 miles at an average of 15 minutes a mile. That's 10 minutes off my first record!! I do have a fast mile just under 15 minutes. Yes, it's still a horrible time but it's getting better!!!

Today I ran more than I walked. It felt great. I also was feeling so well I ran in the door, took off my running stuff, grabbed my bike and took off to do another 15 - 20 minute ride. Time was limited by several factors, but I had enough to get in that little extra mileage.

So while I'm not really having great times yet. (notice the YET) I am feeling a wonderful sense of accomplishment and very proud of what I have done so far.  So wonderful in fact, I just had to share my horrible wonderful running times! LOL.

Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Duane1064
on 11/30/09 9:43 am - Bloomington, IN
 Don't dismiss your times or how well you're doing.  Just look at the improvement that you've made so far.  That's great!  You'll get better in time.  Just stay with it and don't push too hard so that you don't injure yourself.  Keep up the great work.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Cassie W.
on 11/30/09 10:32 am
Congratulations on your progress!  These early milestones are all worthy of celebration!  We all can identify with you how exciting it is watch our fitness levels improve as we put in the training time.  You're well on your way!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/30/09 11:24 am - Fort Worth, TX
YOU ROCK!!!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 11/30/09 11:28 am - Cumming, GA
you are definitely on the right track, make sure you take time (like you just did) to look back and mark how far you've come.... this is what it's all about!  congrats on GREAT progress!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

on 11/30/09 8:55 pm - National City, MI
What an awesome improvement!! Keep up the great work!
Seht
on 11/30/09 10:36 pm
Way to go.
Deffinitely something to be proud of!

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Katari
on 11/30/09 10:41 pm - OR
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to see where I am in another month! I have my first "fun run" on the 1st of January. It's only a mile, but I thought I'd see how I handle running in a crowd. I have my first 5k in January as well. Looking forward to it!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

kerniec
on 11/30/09 11:59 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
You are doing great, don't do anything to minimize your accomplishments.........

Word of caution from one who is living with it - be careful of overtraining.  I read all the stuff online and followed a program and still screwed up and overtrained and now I'm injured, counting calories after being at goal since May, and slowly easing back out there. 

Not wanting to discourage you but just to let you know you have already come an extremely long way and your fitness level can only improve to a certain % per week.  I pushed mine past that.......

Cross-training is GREAT!!

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

Krysti926
on 12/1/09 1:14 am
Katie,

You are doing fantastic!  You definitely should be feeling pride in your accomplishments! 
Krysti  

Most Active