hip and tailbone issues...exercise ideas

Lesley S.
on 11/29/09 3:28 pm - St. Louis, MO
Any ideas?
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 3:39 pm
If you can't use any machines at the gym due to pain, try sitting in a hard backed chair, (on a pillow or "donut" pillow if your tailbone is too sore).. Extend your right leg straight out in front of you, then release to the normal relaxed position with your foot flat on the floor. Do this 50 times, then switch to the other leg. If this causes you no pain in either hip, try them with ankle weights, or with your partner applying gentle downward pressure on your foot as you raise it.
These will tone the front of your thighs...
Lemme know how you do!
Lesley S.
on 11/29/09 4:35 pm - St. Louis, MO
Thanks Woody;)... I just wanna do Cardio so bad and also lots of lower belly. It's getting saggy...yuck~ lol
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/09 6:17 pm
Can you lay on your back with your butt on a small pillow and do leg raises? Or try it with legs bent a little & raise your knees. How 'bout laying flat (with your butt on a pillow) and bringing you legs up 'till they are pointing straight up, then just trying to touch the cieling with your feet, raising your butt off the floor about 6 inches & coming back to where you but touches the floor again, then but off the floor again & back down, doing as many as you can do without hurting badly, trying for 15-20 reps? That will tone up your tummy, but as you lose fat, your skin is going to be loose and could sag a bit. Men are more lucky in that we have much more "elastin" in our skin, and a lot of us don't even need plastics after WLS...
Linn D.
on 11/30/09 10:56 am - Missoula, MT
 You didn't say what your issues are or what makes them worse, so it's hard to help.  There are lots of low-impact things you can do, but sometimes what your body needs is just to take it slower and give it a chance to tolerate the new activities.

Pool exercise is great if you have access to a pool.

Linn
Lesley S.
on 11/30/09 2:06 pm - St. Louis, MO
Well my hip bone pops when moved in any vertical position. If I am lying on my back and lift it at 90 degrees and back. My tailbone hurts just sitting. I have my old gym like 90 minutes away has a pool but the new one doesn't.
Linn D.
on 11/30/09 7:07 pm - Missoula, MT
Have you seen a physical therapist or orthopedic surgeon?  Sounds to me like you might need some strengthening exercises for the muscles supporting the hip/femur.

I think the tailbone issue will improve with time.  Mine did.

You might be able to find a pool closer that has a pay-as-you-go type of deal or paid water class program that you could get started with also, but I would definitely see a PT before you tried anything new.  The last thing you want is an injury.  Besides that, they can help you with cardio exercise that won't exacerbate your problem.

Linn
MacMadame
on 11/30/09 12:26 pm - Northern, CA
Water aerobics?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active