Skechers Shape Ups

gorditabonita
on 11/29/09 1:00 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
Anyone use these shoes? Are they worth the hype? Each year to celebrate the anniversary of my WLS I have been buying exercise shoes. I am trying to determine if I want to splurge on these this year.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Jobsies
on 11/29/09 7:36 pm - Pitman, NJ
I have these...but I have club feet so I walk on the side of my right foot a bit. For ME, the sketchers make me feel like I am more steady and the cushioning is wonderful. But I don't feel them working my but or my thighs as they claim...

That being said, three others in my exercise group bought them since I did and they say they feel it in the butt and thighs..so I think it's just me that doesn't.

So I say try to get them on sale and try for yourself. I got mine at the outlet -- so I ended up with a pair of them and a pair of regular ones for $145, I think.  My friend got them on sale at Kohls for $99, then had a $15 off coupon.

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

MacMadame
on 11/30/09 1:02 am - Northern, CA
I think they are a gimmick.

I read somewhere that research doesn't support their claims, either.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 10:06 am
 I don't believe they do a darned thing for toning but I will say that I bought them before my surgery and wore them when we went to the state fairs and I knew I'd be on my feet all day. I could have never done that before without my back in searing pain after an hour. The shape-ups helped me stay on my feet all day. So for that, they're worth it.

Sometimes I feel a little muscle fatigue in my calves but no more than if I had done some calf raises.

LSS, if you have back problems or posture issues, I do think they make a difference. My husband even noticed I was walking taller and straighter and he had no idea what kind of shoes I was wearing.
emyanna
on 11/30/09 9:43 pm
just fyi, avon also sells them. they are less than 40.00 right now. maybe you could try them and see if you like them before spending so much money on skechers. just a thought. i have wondered too if i would like them. but i spent so many years overweight and being afraid i would fall every walking minute that i am afraid to even jog let alone wear rocker tennies.
gorditabonita
on 12/1/09 10:07 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
You're doing so well with you weightloss....you shouldn't be afraid to do anything, let alone jog or wear whatever you want! 

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Most Active