Thanksgiving Day Workout!

Scott William
on 11/25/09 10:00 pm
Woke up and busted out a 2.2 mile run before taking a 2.5 hour drive to NY.  Had a wonderful interaction with some great people who were out for a walk.

How did you do on this day of thanks?

P.S.  I am thankful for every moment of every day that I am alive.  Every time I tie my shoes without pulling a hamstring or breathing like i finished a 5K.  Every time I go to a movie and don't feel like the whole place is staring at me. 

You all know the etc's...  All have been there and all are loving life.  Live it up.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 11/26/09 12:13 am - DE
I ran the local MS Thanksgiving Day 10k here today. Last minute decision, but wanted to get out and run.  Finished in under an hour, so now I'm back to the kitchen getting things ready for the big feast.
Enjoy the holidays. 
Rob
kerniec
on 11/26/09 1:01 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
Scott

I did a thankful blog last night and I just edited my trot post.............great 5 mile walk with a splash of run..............

I couldn't be more thankful today.

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/26/09 3:20 am - Fort Worth, TX
10.03 miles to start off Turkey Day... 1:31:33  6.6MPH on some solid hills here in So Cal!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Markrb
on 11/26/09 4:30 am - MA
I ran a 5 mile turkey trot in 46:11, that is a PR for me! I'm thankful for my health and all of the support I've received on my way to getting healthy.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Seht
on 11/26/09 5:30 am, edited 11/26/09 5:30 am
40 mile bike ride through the hills of Sonoma county.

Beautiful day.

Today I am thankful for being able to ride my bike 40 miles. I am thankful for being taught humility by a 10 y/o who outrode me every step of the way. I am thankful for the road rash that reminded me to unclip from my bike sooner and associated pain that reminded me I am alive. But most of all I am thankful for the happy smiling faces that greeted me when I got home.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 11/26/09 8:02 am
At today's Turkey Trot, I enjoyed a nice surprise.  My oldest son accepted my invitation to join his father and I for the 3.5 mile run.  He hasn't been running, but he figured he'd walk it if he had to.  He ran most of it, while I was the one walking after yesterday's intervals.  But, I appreciated every step.  :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Elisa K.
on 11/26/09 9:04 am - Lumberton, NJ
I ran in the Turkey Day 5K this morning.  Unfortunately, I had to run it alone - my husband hurt his knee in the Phila Half Marathon on Sunday :(  He will be sidelined until he gets a MRI done, at least.  His knee is feeling much better, so that is a good sign.  Hopefully, it will just require rest. 

On a happier note, I ran my fastest 5K this morning!!  I am so thankful for my new life!!
Waterwench
on 11/26/09 11:39 am - portland, OR
I ran 4.62 miles at 8 minutes 30 second pace the whole time! I couldn't BELIEVE my time! I have been mostly doing hill-work for the last 5 or 6 months because it's endemic to the area in which I live--and finally figured that today's run at the FLAT track took away all the usual resistance and I could just RUN.

It felt GREAT!!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

on 11/26/09 9:17 pm - National City, MI
2.5 mile run in the hills. Turkey Trot is Saturday and judging from the weather report, I may need SNOWSHOES!!!
Most Active