Has anyone ever heard of this!?!?

deecee
on 11/24/09 2:57 am - Jersey City, NJ
Hi,

I recently had an endoscopy because of stomach pain and the doctor was not sure of have to say to me except to, eat smaller and more frequent meals.  He showed me the pictures and I was a little baffled too, anyway my intestines above my pouch is enlarged and yet my pouch is intact and the right size.  He really didn't understand why I gained so much weight back and if I am still in pain to come back to see him in about a months time and if everything has corrected itself come back in six months.  Well I have an appointment on Monday to see what else can be done.

Let me know if anyone else has heard of this and what they've done to help the situation.

Dee
Waterwench
on 11/25/09 10:58 am - portland, OR
I don't know about the source of your pain, but I will tell you that all weight REGAIN comes from eating more than your body's daily caloric needs while at the same time leading a sedentary lifestyle.

With a normal metabolism, most adults require 1800-2000 calories per day of good quality fuel. After weight loss surgery, we need to take our supplements twice a day for life and get our labs checked yearly. Are you taking your supplements, sipping your 64 ounces of water per day, and keeping track of the number of calories you consume? If you do, you will likely lose the weight again.

If you maintain that healthy lifestyle, eating veggies, fruits, unprocessed grains and lean protein while avoiding processed bread and Twinkie-like foods, and keeping up on your supplements, the weight will stay off. It is a lifelong, forever change in your approach to food, Dee.

I estimate that most of us on the Exercise and Fitness Forum work out, run, bike, swim, or otherwise exert ourselves 4 or 5 days a week. Our daily caloric needs will be greater than someone who does not exercise. It is a balancing act, and knowledge is power!

KNOW how much you eat (I have a book of calorie counts and a small notebook I use to write down what I've eaten), and how MANY calories you eat. PLAN your meals, and stick to the plan. MOVE your body as much as you can, and never fool yourself into thinking that you can eat sugary foods every day without consequences. Maintenance is forever, for everyone. The challenge of becoming healthy is NOT a punishment. You are not deprived. You are choosing to embrace your new life and health.

Good luck and God bless!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Most Active