HI!

KatieLovesYou
on 11/22/09 2:08 pm - Bakersfield, CA

i am really needing some support from some people that can understand
this CRAZY rollercoaster they call "LIFE AFTER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY".......

i am just starting back at the gym and trying to get my body somewhere closer to where i want it.......

i am a flabby mess! LOL

cant wait to get to know you all........

-katie

california

mother to 2 boys

RNY- june 2007

lost 130lbs

current weight: 170

Seht
on 11/22/09 3:30 pm
Hello and welcome to the club!

It's a good first step.  Congrats on heading back to the gym.
Do you have anything in particular that you like to do?  Run, walk, ride, swim, lift weights???

I suggest finding a hobby you like and using the gym to make that happen.  It works better for me if I think of a goal as opposed to thinking of the gym itself.  If I just focus on the gym I feel like a rat on a treadmill.  But if I know I have a race or a bike ride coming up, it keeps me motivated and going.

Best wishes

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Scott William
on 11/22/09 9:00 pm
Welcome to the board.  Lots of support to go around.  Ask away.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Cassie W.
on 11/23/09 11:36 am
Katie,

Welcome to the Exercise & Fitness boards.  It's a great place to be inspired and find support along your journey.  I find posting to the daily exercise threads help me stay on track, especially when I'm not training for a specific event.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

kenken
on 11/25/09 3:42 am - CA
complacency is a "killer". we know this, looking in the mirror or just accepting other peoples suggestions that we should stop "we look fine", or "your losing too much weight" can make us feel as if the struggle is over and we can do/eat what we want.............the good news is that we/you already posses the tools to get back on track after we recognize that this journey is never over, we may reach a "goal weight" but our true goal is to maintain that weight and stay healthy through exercise, supplementing, proper nutrition, and a good state of mind............FOR LIFE, your back on the right track and already seeing progress..........good luck
Kate_R
on 11/25/09 7:54 pm - Thompsontown, PA
Great words of wisdom!  Love it,sometimes we need to be reminded of it.
Most Active