Any obese spinners?

Karen D.
on 11/20/09 4:30 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
I want to try spinning but I still have a lot of weight to lose.  I'm afraid I can't keep up.

Anyone out there still pretty obese do spinning?  I would like to try because I think I might like to ask DH for a bike for Christmas.

Thanks
Markrb
on 11/20/09 4:46 am - MA
I found spinning a great way to get a more intense workout as I was loosing the weight. The great thing about spin classes is you set the resistance and speed. If you feel like it's too much you can take off some resistance or slow down.  Don't worry about falling behind, there's really no such thing.

Good luck and most of all have fun.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Karen D.
on 11/20/09 4:49 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
Thanks!  I always feel like I have to keep up with the skinny folks in any group exercise I've tried...maybe this will be the one for me.

Seht
on 11/20/09 6:19 am
Check out this video
It is a spinning video done with team Clydesdale
http://www.instructionvideo.com/videos/shopexd.asp?id=2486

Here is a preview video of it
http://www.spinervals.com/products/item37.cfm

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 1:25 pm
I took a couple spinning classes shortly after I was out of cardiac rehab and believe me I didn't bother trying to keep up.  Since you really don't go anywhere, it's not like everyone knows you are not totally keeping up.  I didn't like it though.  A little too extreme for me although I would love a real bike to go riding....In Ohio, there is a bike trail that goes all the way through the state I believe.  I would love to see something like that here.  My husband use to ride in Virginia Beach all the time years ago......It's really good for your heart and your legs. :)
MissMae
on 11/23/09 4:22 am - AZ
You go for it and don't worry about "keeping up"  before long newbies will be trying to keep up with you! 
Most Active