Am I not working out enought is my progress normal

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 12:02 am - DE
I want to make sure I am doing everything to the T.  I had my RNY on 10-9-2009 it's been a month and 1/2 I have lost 35 pounds since my surgery.  I feel like I should of lost more is this normal weight loss.  Also I want to make sure I am working out enough in the gym I joined curves two weeks ago and I do the 30 min circiut workout (at least 5 times a week).  I also have a partime job in retail where I am on my feet running around for about 4 hours 4-6 times a week.   Should I be exercising more?????  I feel like I should, do I need to walk when I get home for 1/2hr???  help.

325 (highest Weight)
302 (weight before surgery)
267 (current weight)
155 (goal weight) 
Scott William
on 11/18/09 12:09 am
I don't think that it would hurt to make some time to walk when you get home.  If nothing else, it establishes some time for you and sets it as a priority for the future.  It is something you will want to do whether you work that day or if you take the day off from curves.  I would add it in to your routine.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 11/18/09 12:41 am
1st you are doing good.  Congrats, and congrats on wanting to exercise.

When I wonder if I am working out hard enough, It generally means I am not.
Now that may not be you, that's just me.  When I question am I giving it my all, am I tired, do I feel like I could do more.  If I feel like I could do more without killing myself, then I should be doing more.

Now you are only a little more than 1 month removed, so you are still healing.  I was told 6 weeks post surgery for any weight lifting.  That seems to be pretty standard, and you are right about in that zone.  You could try adding in some variety.  If you are doing mostly a cardio circuit, add in a little resistance training (after Dr. approval)  If you are doing a mix, then try to add in a little intensity or a little more quantity. 

But like I said congrats and keep up the great work.  If you stay dedicated, it will happen. 

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 1:44 am - DE
Thanks for your tip and positive feedback.  I'm just having trouble with my schedule to find time to work out.  This is what my schedule looks like where do you think i can fit in more exercise.

6:50a.m-7:50 get up get in the shower get ready for Full-time job
8:00-11:00-  Work at first job
11:00-12:00 work out at curves and lunch
12:00-4:30- work at first job
4:30-5:00-drive to 2nd job
5:00-10:00p.m- Work at 2nd job
10:30- Arrive Home (tired lol)

What do you think
Seht
on 11/18/09 1:53 am
I bet you are tired!  You are putting in a long day.

On the days that I know I won't be able to get to the gym after work or during my lunch hours
I'm up at 4:00 a.m. to get to the gym by their 5:00 a.m. opening.
I pack my work clothes and meals the night before and have it all sitting by the front door.
Being constantly cold since the surgery, I usually sleep in sweat pants to keep warm, so I just put on a clean pair at night and go to bed in those.  So when the alarm goes off I just roll out of bed put on my shoes and head to the gym.

When I get done at the gym, I use the showers at the gym and head to work.
I wouldn't and don't do this every day, but if you need to adjust or add something extra it's what works for me.

What about the weekends, is there anything you can add in there?

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active