I really feel my new sneakers helped me hit a PR today

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 12:28 pm - Fat City, NJ
 All time best of 33 mins on a 5k (not bad for 7 weeks post op) and I really feel it was because of my new Brooks sneakers.  It was like I forgot I was running and just kept picking the pace up.  WHo knew shoes made that much difference.
Katari
on 11/18/09 12:30 pm - OR
Congrats on a PR!! I just got new running shoes as well, It's amazing the difference they make! Keep up the good work!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Scott William
on 11/18/09 9:15 pm
When you find the perfect pair of shoes, it feels like you are walking on air.  Congrats on the PR.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 11/18/09 11:55 pm
Congrats on the PR

This reminds me of my son.  He just got new shoes and wanted to show me that he was fater than me now because of the new shoes.  I remember doing that too when I was a little kid.

I should have kept those shoes from when I was a kid.  I knew they made me faster.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 11/19/09 12:10 am - Lumberton, NJ
I know what you mean!!  I just got a pair of Asics Kayano 16's - I LOVE them!!  I feel so light and springy in them!! 

Congrats on the PR and new shoes!!  I see that we have the same surgeon - Dr. Gritsus rocks!!
levittown_loser
on 11/22/09 8:13 am - Levittown, PA
Congrats!   It might be a combo of the shoes and your weight loss so far!   They say every 10-pound weight loss could shave about one minute off your 5K race time.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active