Home Workout ideas

FindingAndrea
on 11/17/09 8:11 am - Waterbury Center, VT
I am looking for some good resources for designing home workouts with the minimal amount of home equipment. I don't have a lot of room for it. I would love some good resources especially excercise tapes I can do in my living room.

Thanks,

Andrea

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/17/09 11:38 am - Fort Worth, TX
Robinfrommilw just announced that Richard Simmons is coming out with "Sweat to the oldies volume 50", so if you dig on some Richard hook that up... Push ups, sit-ups / crunches, running, pull-ups, walking is free and doesn't take any equipment. You will do awesome!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

robinfrommilw
on 11/17/09 11:57 am - WI
Yep it is Sweat to the oldies 5 and toning with cord comes with i****ch for it on QVC probably have informacial very soon. I will post if I hear when it is. He usually tells clubhouse members when it will be. I know he had a special on qvc recently with all 4 sweat to the oldies, party off the pounds, boogie off the pounds and love yourself and win (inspiration dvd)  I don't have the boogie off the pounds as I can't find it sold seperatly. I already have the rest of them. So who knows he might combine all with the sweat to the oldies. We will have to wait and see. I will keep you all updated as I know.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

FindingAndrea
on 11/17/09 9:26 pm - Waterbury Center, VT
 Thanks for the info. I am thinking resistance bands, light weights and DVD tapes for the days I am not going to the gym.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Kate_R
on 11/22/09 6:37 am - Thompsontown, PA
Andrea,

Beachbody has some fabulous workouts that you can do in your livingroom with little or no equipment.  I personally have been doing Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme for the last 6 months and love them!  But beware they are addictive!  I stared dong Turbo and then in July add Chalean Extreme which is weights or resistanse bands. 

However Beachbody has many other programs that you may enjoy as well.  What I can tell you is they have great programs and support.  If you want you can private message me and I will answer any questions you may have.  Here is a link so you can check out the programs that they offer.

Regards,

Kate

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/tjkate
FindingAndrea
on 11/22/09 6:48 am - Waterbury Center, VT
 Hi Kate, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. I live in VT and as Winter sets in it isn't always safe driving to the gym. I will check out beach body videos and send you a question or two. Addictive is good when it comes to working out!

Andrea

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Kate_R
on 11/22/09 7:03 am - Thompsontown, PA
Andrea,

I understand what you mean.  The last few winters in PA have not been so bad, but that can change at any time.  I live in a rural area so I have a 10 mile drive to get to a gym.  It is so nice to be able to do what you need to in your own home.  That way there are no excuses!

No joke, if someone would have told me a year ago that I would become addicted to exercise I would have thought they were nuts.  But usually 6 days a week I hit the play button and enjoy it!  You will too.  The important thing is to find something that you enjoy and schedule the time into your busy day an you will do it.

Let me know if I can be of help!

Kate
FindingAndrea
on 11/22/09 7:31 am - Waterbury Center, VT
 I've done Beachbody products before and do like them. I saw they are distributing products through independent distributors. We should chat sometime after I check the links out. I have a similar drive to the gym.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 1:21 pm
I like Boot Camp with Billy Blanks.  A little kick boxing and rope jumping.  Only things they used on the one I have are some bands.

Kat
Most Active