a

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 12:16 am, edited 6/28/10 9:15 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
a
mcarthur01
on 11/16/09 12:36 am - Cumming, GA
i think you can configure it to not send you emails for every message post.  that way you can just visit the message board whenever you want (i.e., it defaults to send an email for every post, imagine if you got an email for every post on OH? :) ).
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Scott William
on 11/16/09 12:37 am
Every time that someone posts on there, you will get an e-mail notification.  Sorry - I am responsible for about 5 of those.  Anyway, you can un-subscribe to the e-mails without leaving the group - I think. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Elisa K.
on 11/16/09 12:37 am - Lumberton, NJ
Daisy, you can change the way you get notified on the group.  If you click on the edit membership button, you can chose to get an e-mail once a week that summarizes what has been going on, or chose not to get any e-mails at all, and just review the posting when you visit the group page.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/16/09 2:07 am - Fort Worth, TX
Let me know if you need help and want to reconfigure your notifications. You unsubscribed to the group, so if you want back in, let me know... Not really a reason to be upset, just a bunch of excited folks getting ready for some exciting stuff...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 11/16/09 2:22 am

The option to choose if you want to see all messages but limit the amount of email you receive. We'll compile an email of up to 25 messages and send daily (special notices too!).

This is available as an option under the edit your membership link.

There will probably be a lot of emails to this group in the beginning, we are trying to get it organized and since we don't all live in the same town or same time zone, email is probably going to be the way it happens.

Once things are organized and all the ground work is finished, I immagine the all of the emails, opinions, suggestions, will probably be reduced, but right now I am encouraged by the amount of activity we are seeing.  I think it shows that we have a lot of energy out there and we just need to harness it in the right direction.  I'm looking forward to seeing some individual and group/team race reports. 

Right now I tell people all the time a friend of mine just did xyz race and they kicked butt.  I'm looking forward to saying a friend & team mate of mine did it.  We had a great turn out check out our web page. 

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active