exercising

teresa C.
on 11/15/09 8:12 pm - meridian, MS
i had my RNY on 7/18/09 and have been working out at the gym for about a year now. at first the weight was coming off now i havent seen the scales move in 3 months? i try to work all the machines so i get a complete workout.  what am i doing wrong?
Enjoying the new life I have. May everyone be as pleased with surgery as I was. 

Sweet T

levittown_loser
on 11/15/09 9:41 pm - Levittown, PA
What are you doing for cardio?

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Scott William
on 11/15/09 10:35 pm
How much more do you have to lose?  Have you changed up your workout at all.  Bodies get used to repetition so if you do the same thing over and over it loses its effectiveness.  If you have not changed it much, try that.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 11/15/09 11:21 pm
That can happen especially as you approach your goal weight.  You are going to slow down on the weight loss.  Also exercising may be increasing your appetite.  Are you being honest with yourself about how much you are eating.

What kind of workout, how long, how intense, how fast.
Has your food intake changed.
Do something to shake up the workout.  Add another day, find a different machine that works the same muscles, but perhaps in a different manner.  Switch from machines to free weights or the other way around.  Switch from lifitng heavy weights a few times to light weight a lot of times or the other way around.  Something to beak that routine and still get a good workout.

Congrats on working out, and keep us updated on how things are going for you.  You can and will break this stall.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

teresa C.
on 11/16/09 1:09 am - meridian, MS
 let me start by saying thank you to all that replied. i just started to change up my workout last week. a typical day at the gym goes like this:
treadmill for 1mile,
bike for 2-3 miles
crunches, arm reps, leg reps.
i try to do atleast 20 of each rep. so that is about how it goes. i guess i need to through the eliptical back in there some.

375 lbs highest weight ever (jan 2008)
341 lbs morning of surgery (7/18/08)
197 lbs today(11/15/2009)
Enjoying the new life I have. May everyone be as pleased with surgery as I was. 

Sweet T

Most Active