Our first half marathon.

Duane1064
on 11/9/09 9:35 am - Bloomington, IN
 It is really nice when things go as planned.  It was great to be able to do this together.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/9/09 4:33 am - Fort Worth, TX
Great job you guys! Super-proud of you both... It must have been quite an experience to hug each other at the finish line...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Queesar10
on 11/9/09 8:54 am - Bloomington, IN
Dan, it was very emotional.  I never realized how much it helps to have people out supporting the runners/walkers.  It is wonderful and very motivating.  At one corner there were 2 little girls (probably 3 and 5 years old).  They had there hands up in the air for people to give them a "high five" ...I bent down and gave them both a little slap.  Duane was behind me and thought "that is sweet, but she probably just contracted H1N1".     Funny

If there is ever a race in our area and we are NOT participating, we will definitely go out and support everyone in the race.  I realized how important that is and keeps you moving!

bandhope
on 11/9/09 5:05 am - TX
Congrats to you and your wife!!! What a nice experience to have done together!
Duane1064
on 11/9/09 9:37 am - Bloomington, IN
 Thank you.

Duane

I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Livewell
on 11/9/09 5:32 am - Chatham, NJ
Duane & Alisica,

Congratulations!  Running 8 straight miles is a great accomplishment and finishing a half is incredible.  You guys are very fortunate to have each other for support.

I wish that my hubby enjoyed running, but he is an avid biker instead.  About the only time we can enjoy a workout together is when we are at home and he has his bike on the rollers while I am on running on the treadmill.  Not the same as being outdoors, but at least I know that no matter how fast he pedals, he won't leave me in the dust!!

Duane1064
on 11/9/09 9:40 am - Bloomington, IN
 Too funny.  I like biking more than Alisica and I can go a lot faster than she can but she can run a faster pace than me...at least for a little bit.  Main thing is that we both enjoy getting out and doing something other than going out to eat.

Duane

mcarthur01
on 11/9/09 5:32 am - Cumming, GA
great work!  i'm really proud of you (and for you)... my first half is in a couple of weeks, i'm really looking forward to writing a similar successful report.

CONGRATS!  onwards and upwards from here :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Duane1064
on 11/9/09 9:42 am - Bloomington, IN
 Dude, you survived that wicked trail run.....you'll do great.  Let me know if you make it to Indy again and we'll get together and go for a run.

Duane

MacMadame
on 11/9/09 6:30 am - Northern, CA
Congrats!

I had no doubt you would make your goals, btw.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active