What do you use to track your runs/rides etc.

Katari
on 11/6/09 11:41 am - OR
I've been using the nike.com running tracker, but after having my sensor/ipod decide not to record a run, I'm wondering what other people do to track their runs and/or bike rides. I will still use the nike for my running, but wanted ideas on other programs/tracking records so I can keep things in one place and not have to trust the darn sensor to record the workout. Nike.com doesn't let you manually add in a run that for some reason wasn't recorded.

Any ideas would be great!

Katie
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Seht
on 11/6/09 2:12 pm
Garmin, Garmin, Garmin.
The 305 or 310 are great, they both have features for running and riding.
If it was just riding, I would want the 705 it is a full gps unit with mapping.  The 305 and 310 both have gps, and you can upload and see all your data and be able to map there.  Lots of mapping and tracking options.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Katari
on 11/6/09 10:26 pm - OR
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
Katie 

playwithzoe
on 11/6/09 11:19 pm
Ditto what Scott said, I did a lot of research and went with the Garmin 305.  I also got it with the heart rate monitor,  the cadence sensor for the bike, as well as the quick release bike mount so I could go from bike to run in a snap.  Since Garmin came out with their newer 310xt (or whatever it's called) which can be warn in the water the 305 has come way down in price and is a great deal.  I'm also thinking about getting the foot pod so I can record my indoor runs on the treadmill (uses GPS to track distance and pace outdoors but that won't work indoors).  It comes with a great training log program.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Katari
on 11/7/09 12:37 am - OR
I think I'll put it on my to buy list. Thanks for the input.

Katie
Katie 

Seht
on 11/7/09 1:49 am
I have seen mixed reviews on the foot pods. It does have potential to be off if you change your stride at all.  But other than that I have all the same features you have and I love it.
It is great for the winter when I hook the bike up to the bike trainer.  I can get all the info for my indoor rides that I do when going outdoors.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Hawgman
on 11/8/09 12:39 am - TX

What Scott said.  Garmin all the way!  Best tool I have purchased by far.

levittown_loser
on 11/8/09 11:09 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Katie,

I also have a Nike+ and I know what you mean about losing a workout!  I hate that you can't manually enter a run on Nike+.    I still use it ... especially when I'm participating in challenges.

For Tracking ALL workouts ... I use dailymile.com  

You can sync your nike+ workouts there ... and in the future Garmin workouts too.
You can manually enter workouts ... runs ... bike ... cardio machines etc.

Good luck!

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Katari
on 11/8/09 12:33 pm - OR
Thank you so much for the info. I agree, losing a workout and not being able to enter it on the Nike site is very frustrating! I will head over to Dailymile.com right now!

Katie
Katie 

MacMadame
on 11/8/09 12:49 pm - Northern, CA
I have the Nike+ but no longer use it. I have a Garmin 310XT now and I love having ONE device that records everything instead of 3 separate devices (bike computer, Nike+, and HRM).

You can manually add workouts to the Garmin site, too. But you can't edit a workout if you messed up. (Sometimes I'll stop the timer for a while and then forget to start it back up again. Oops.)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active