i was sent by beckipoobear

Kim Meeks
on 11/2/09 2:03 am - lubbock, TX
thanks beckipoobear for sending me here
i am looking forward to getting going with my exercise

i have never exercised - but, i have been feeling a "calling' or a "tugging" to run
so, i posted on the main board and got some great advice

i was directed to couch to 5 K by someone there
and she even sent me to the itunes store to get the free download of music and promts!

i tried the w1d1 run/walk today but, i only made it 11 minutes

but, that's ok  - because at least i got out there and gave it a shot

and then - there is always tomorrow - i will try w1d1 again tomorrow and keep at it until i make it through-

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Seht
on 11/2/09 2:10 am
Welcome,

Just keep up with the program don't give up on it.  That's the great thing about the c25k program.  Or any exercise program for that matter.  They aren't a race.  You do them at your pace and if you have to repeat a day or a week or a month, then that's what you do.  You will eventually get there.

When you get to the end of this or any other program, you can always start over and make it a little harder.  Try a little faster, run a little further. 

Congrats on starting the program and for feeling that urge to exercise.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Kim Meeks
on 11/2/09 2:12 am - lubbock, TX
thanks scott
i appreciate your encouragement
i verbally agreed to do a 10K next september - i thought this would be a good start

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/2/09 3:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 11/2/09 7:09 am
First of all, welcome.  I don't think that the 10K will be any problem.  Stick with the program.  My first post-op exercise was 5 minutes on a treadmill at 3 miles per hour.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Hawgman
on 11/3/09 2:01 am - TX
Welcome to another Texan!!

There are great folks on this board.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Good luck on the 10K.  Sign up as soon as you can, it will help with your committment!

Darrell from Central Texas
Cassie W.
on 11/3/09 8:31 am, edited 11/3/09 8:32 am
Welcome Kim,

This is a great community of people who are very supportive and inspiring.  You'll find a lot of great advice and encouragement on your journey to your first of many 10ks!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Katari
on 11/3/09 9:48 am - OR
Kim,

Nice to see you here! I responded on the main board but glad to see you made it over here. Just keep plugging away! I started week 1 (I did finish the whole run...Kinda) then we hit some stomach bugs in the house so I missed a few days and then restarted the whole program again. I did kick it up a notch and am trying to run a little every day. Grab a good playlist and hit the pavement.

I did my first run at a park here in town, and found I didn't like running there. Weird huh! I think because it was to much of a "kids park" and I was running in circles like on a track. I went running yesterday at a large state park and LOVED IT! Today I went running at a "nature park" and really loved it as well. I hate running on tracks so I'm kind of avoiding them at all costs. Find out where you enjoy running and it will make it even better!

Good luck and best wishes!

Katie
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Most Active