White Rock Dallas- What is the course like?

bandhope
on 11/1/09 11:37 pm - TX
Has anyone ran the White Rock 1/2 or more? I'm wondering what the course is like. I added a few hills this weekend and boy, am I sore! I'm wondering how "hilly" the course is. Anyone know? Thanks in advance for any information your able to provide.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/2/09 12:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
I ran it last year and was not too bad... There is a split at mile 6-7 where 1/2 ers go right and marathoners go straight... I ran the full and was relatively flat until you got around the lake at mile 19... Then they have 2 notorious hills they call "The Dolly Partons" for obvious reasons.... As for the half, it looked much flatter than the full and should be no problem for you....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

bandhope
on 11/2/09 1:26 am - TX
Thanks Dan! I feel better. However, there is a side to me that wishes I could tackle the "Dolly Hills". One day....I'll get there! Thanks again!
Seht
on 11/2/09 2:13 am
You can do the Dolly Hills.

Hills suck, but you just pick a spot ahead of yourself, and run to that spot.
Rinse and repeat.  It is much easier than staring at the top of the mountain and sayin OMG i'll never get there.  Just break that mountain into little pieces. 

Good luck with your run,

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

bandhope
on 11/2/09 6:39 am - TX
Thanks Scott! Today was my short run day 3 miles. I did awful. I don't get it. I don't understand how on some of the "short run" days...I feel like I'm running with an elephant on my shoulders. It's so fustrating.
Seht
on 11/2/09 6:54 am
I still feel like a fat man running.  I have not found that comfort zone yet.  Once in a while I will get zoned out and find that I have been moving o.k. but I have not been able to replicate it at will.  Not sure what triggers it. 

Most of the time I feel like I am going uphill both ways to school in the snow.

Keep up the good work.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

bandhope
on 11/2/09 7:04 am - TX
Thanks Scott! I think it takes me awhile to get in a good rhythm. I know what you mean about still having that "mental feeling" of still being fat. You look awesome and I'm so inspired by you and others on this forum. Thanks for your encouragement and inspiration!
Hawgman
on 11/3/09 2:04 am - TX
I know Dan and I are both running the full at White Rock.  It will be my first full.
I had my RNY at Doctor's Hospital on White Rock Lake, so the locale holds some special significance for me.
Let's try to meet each other sometime before the race.

Darrell
Most Active