Where do you buy your "running" shoes?

Laura_Illinois
on 10/31/09 1:07 am - Morris, IL
Can anybody recommend a store that sells "running/trainers" shoes?

I'm just starting out with my exercise routine. I know I need to purchase some supportive "running" shoes/trainers to start walking and jogging.

I have not exercised on purpose for 20 years. I never purchased shoes from an actual "Running Shoe" store and have no idea where I should shop.

Thanks, I appreciate any information you can give me.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Elisa K.
on 10/31/09 1:30 am - Lumberton, NJ

Hi there!!  You should definitely go to a running specialty store to get shoes.  They will take the time to measure, watch how you walk, examine the wear on your current sneakers, and recommend the best shoe for you.  

You can do a google search to find a local store.  I shop at my local Fleet Feet store - you can go to there website to see if they have a store by you.

Good luck!! 

Laura_Illinois
on 10/31/09 1:37 am - Morris, IL
Thanks, I'll look into Fleet Feet. That helps me narrow down my options.

runningagain
on 10/31/09 3:22 am - NY

I've been told to shop at Fleet Feet too, although I haven't yet.  I hear that if you buy their shoes, and after you exercise in them, they aren't comfortable, you can return them within 30 days...even if worn!!!  Plan to spend around $100, but then after that, once you know what brand you need, you can always buy them cheaper elsewhere if you see a better deal.  It's a good investment.  Eventually, I will be buying mine there too.  Right now, I've been using a pair that I bought from a dept. store and they have been working fine.

Good luck to you and congratulations on starting to exercise!!

Tammy :-)

MacMadame
on 10/31/09 7:24 am - Northern, CA
I buy mine from a local shop called Running Revolution. They are awesome! They took a thermal scan of my fee****ched me run, video taped me on running on the treadmill and then had me try on and run in several pairs of shoes until we found the ones that worked the best.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Laura_Illinois
on 10/31/09 11:55 am - Morris, IL
Thanks, that's very useful information.

I don't think I'm ready to have anybody video tape me running on a treadmill yet, unless they want  to do for a good laugh! But it is good to know what kind of testing is out there, I had no idea. Who knows, I might just end up becoming a running addict.

Seht
on 10/31/09 1:38 pm
certainly a real running store, not one of the sports stores you see in the malls.

A good running store can check and analyze your stride and recommend a pair of shoes that will correct or help to compensate for any abnormality you may have.

good luck with you shoe shopping.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active