NYC Marathon

saxman007
on 10/30/09 1:15 pm - Port Huron, MI
Hey all,
So I'm here and been through registration.
First thoughts: OMG it's HUGE!!!! Yeah, this is one big event. It's really cool to see so many foreigners here. Everywhere I've seen runners there's been at least 1 non-American.
Detroit isn't a small race @ 19,000 but it seems small and wimpy in comparison -- and that's just based on the expo. Im currently trying to memorize the map and understand some important milage points.
Seems like I've gone into more of my races recently less than 100% and unfortunately this one is the same. H1N1 ha**** my school and I spent Sunday -wendnesday with 102.7* temps! I'm feeling good right now and I did probably 6-7 miles worth of walking with no effect. As far as the legs/body goes I can't feel any soreness from Detroit so as long as my lungs continue to clear this should prove to be most memorable run!!
Scott William
on 10/30/09 3:04 pm
I can only imagine the spectical.  Best of luck to you on your big day.  I can't wait for this report!   Have fun.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
levittown_loser
on 10/30/09 7:59 pm - Levittown, PA
Amazing isn't it!   Enjoy yourself Dan.    I'll be at the mile 16 water station (in Manhattan on First Avenue between 61st and 62nd streets) helping out ... I'll be the one in ING Orange :)   

Have a great race.  I'll be looking for you right after Ryan Hall. 

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Seht
on 10/30/09 9:33 pm
Good luck Dan,

I hope you have a great day!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Duane1064
on 10/30/09 10:29 pm - Bloomington, IN
 Have a great time.  Best wishes.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/30/09 11:41 pm - Fort Worth, TX
While is probable that the yankees will win  the series, it is  probable that you will destroy this marathon! Have a great run, a great day, and enjoy every moment... This is a BIGGIE!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Elisa K.
on 10/31/09 1:22 am - Lumberton, NJ
Best of luck!!  I am looking forward to reading your race report. 
MacMadame
on 10/31/09 7:24 am - Northern, CA
Good luck, Dan!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active