Gallbladder removal

Seht
on 10/29/09 9:29 am
So how long were you out of your training routine after a Gallbladder removal.
Did it take long to get back into the swing of things.

I have to go in on the 6th to talk to the doc about getting mine removed because of stones.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 10/29/09 1:14 pm - Northern, CA
Yuck! I had stones in '89 and had mine out open. Luckily, medicine is so much more civilized now!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 10/29/09 2:44 pm
I hope it isn't going to set me back for Wildflower in April-May

I wonder how long I will be restricted from a serious workout.  I'm hoping they can get me in for surgery around Thanksgiving, or can delay it until the week following Christmas.  I don't have a lot of sick time saved up, it would be nice if I could get it done when I already have time off approved.

Scott

panhead58fl
on 10/29/09 3:51 pm - Barboursville, WV
I had mine out the week prior to surgery. I don't remember what the restrictions were. It was done as an out patient surgery on Friday and I was back to work on Monday. Didn't tell them at work that I had surgery.

pan head
Seht
on 10/29/09 11:41 pm
Thanks!

That's what I'm hoping for too.

Scott

Linn D.
on 10/29/09 6:39 pm - Missoula, MT
Sorry to hear about that Scott.

I had mine out at 8 months post-op just after I did my first 10k race.  It was a few weeks before I could run, and a few more before it didn't hurt anymore.  Mine was done lap so the incisions were small, but I could feel it pull for a while.  Did lots of spinning during that time.

That being said, surgery was in early October and I was still ready for my first half marathon in three months.  The docs will tell you how long they want you to hold off on the running, but it will still be a little bit before it doesn't hurt anymore.  More of a nagging pain than really bad though.

Linn
Seht
on 10/29/09 11:43 pm
Thanks Linn,

That's good news.  I didn't want to throw a wrench into my first race of the year before it even got started.

Scott

levittown_loser
on 10/30/09 2:29 am - Levittown, PA
My friend had hers out and she was able to start regular workouts within 3-4 weeks.   Now adjusting to the GI changes the gallbladder removal caused was another issue.  Took quite a while for things to settle down.

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active