I gained weight before my 5K.........I think it's water?

kerniec
on 10/27/09 4:08 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
I didn't eat that horribly..........so why am I retaining water?  What can I do, I am racing in four hours............I don't want to get dehydrated but I am so worried about running this heavy.........UGH! 

I am up 5 lbs.  I am female with major TOM issues taking Seasonale and having an ablation the first week of Dec which should make training easier........but until then, sometimes the scale just LEAPS out of nowhere. 

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/27/09 6:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
who cares what the scale says??? Go run your heart out and don't worry about it.... I wonder if a year ago you would have said, "I don't want to race this heavy... In comparison I am sure it is night and day. Go  have a blast!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

kerniec
on 10/28/09 12:46 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14

THANK YOU DAN!  I wanted to shout that because I got your reply in my email right before I shut the computer down to get dressed for the race and I was so glad I saw that........my mind was in the right place, I realized I still looked great and happy, and I didn't think about my weight once during the whole race.

It was the first race where I could stay with the pack so to speak and pass some people.  I ran it in 32:38 and it was AWESOME and fun and cold and terrible and wonderful all at once.  I ate part of a slice of pizza and five cookies because they went down easy and it was the first race ever that I was hungry after (normally my band tightens and I just drink water and eat a protein bar later)........I think it was the cold.  Anyways, I lived to tell the tale and it was great, thanks for the encouragement, my time was 2.5 minutes less than my race just 4 weeks ago! 

Darrell H.
on 10/27/09 11:26 pm - Sinton, TX
I whole heartily agree with Dan. I think as WLS patients, we can be way too obsessed with a nuber on a scale. Keep up your hard work and Dare Greatly as you have been doing. I fluctuate from 208-219 and have never really been able to tell much of a difference. As a matter of fact, my most comfortable long run was probably at around 216. I still weigh too often even though I only weigh once a week. I cant wait till I stop weighing all together.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
kerniec
on 10/27/09 11:37 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14

Thanks Darrell, it's good to hear from someone who's got the same surgiversary month!  I have worked really hard but that taught me I still have to watch what I eat a little closer.........not take as many liberties.

But it will come back off. 

bandhope
on 10/28/09 12:12 am - TX
Try turning your focus towards your fitness goals and be proud of the accomplishments you've made with those. It will help and the weight will come off as you progress. I know it's easier said than done. If I work really hard in the gym, I'm proud of that and I worry less about the scale. Best wishes to you. I know you will do awesome! Make sure you take pics. Can't wait to see them!!
kerniec
on 10/28/09 1:42 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
Thanks, the scale is still up today but I decided I am not going to worry about my weight until Monday.  I know most of it is water intellectually but WOW to see that # again....

I will just focus on protein, fluids and try to avoid the carbs two meals a day...................that's the best I can do until then, I am going out of town on business today, not the time to get hard core with my diet.  I can be reasonable and not gain any more.......might even lose.

There's a fitness center and I will be using that treadmill!

bandhope
on 10/28/09 1:34 am - TX
Yippee Kernie!!!

You did it!!!! I love the picture!!! You are looking pretty hot!!! Loving the flirty skirt!!
Wat to go!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! You ROCK!!!

Jenny
Most Active