US Women's Triathlon Series & Ride with Chrissie

MacMadame
on 10/20/09 3:01 am - Northern, CA
So I had a fantastic weekend down in San Diego. It started with a party on Friday night where I got to meet a bunch of local triathletess, then an OWS and breakfast on Sat. morning with some women from GOTRIbal, a group I belong to, followed by taking 4th in my age group at a local Super Sprint triathlon on Sunday, followed by a 2 hour bike ride with Chrissie Wellington followed by lunch (also with Chrissie).

I wrote it all up here:

http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-gotribal-weekend-us-womens-tri.html

I realized I left some stuff out so I'll probably post an update at some point as well as some pictures from the weekend.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MacMadame
on 10/20/09 3:08 am - Northern, CA
Oh and rather than starting a whole new thread, I thought I'd post an updating on my calf/knee issues:

Saw my PCP today and she said I have a small Left Gastro Tear in my calf. Normally with a tear so small, she'd just tell me to keep off it until it heals. But since I want to keep training, she gave me a Rx for some PT.

She said pretty much what I expected because I've experienced it ... that the tear starts to heal which makes the muscle tight. Then, when I run, it tears again. This gives me pain, which causes me run funny, which gives me pain in other places.

If I keep running on it, I risk it impacting my knees, then my hips, then my back.

However, she said I could do Big Kahuna this weekend since it's my last race. She doesn't think anything horrible will happen with one more race. I'm going to do things to minimize the pain and try not to alter my gait too much and that should help.

But after that ... REST!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 10/20/09 3:32 am
Take care of yourself and get that leg healthy!

Sounds like you had a great time.  Congrats on the 4th place finish.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active