Frustrated as all get out. need advice please

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/18/09 12:36 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I feel you need to lower your training volume and put in shorter, more focused training. For example. Your typical workouts include 200 flights of stairs in 40 minutes.... What if you did 110 flights in 20? Do more intervals that will push you to threshold. Less is more sometimes, especially when you are injured. Your fitness is solid, get more out of your training in less time. You did 75  miles this weekend, which is awesome. What if you did a 15-20 minute warm-up, 4 x 3 minute hill repeats (On bike) a hill is one that takes 3-4 minutes to climb, do this at threshold, and 15-20 minute cool down. That's less than an hour workout, but madly intense... Use the rowing machine, focus on swimming and do some Hypoxic breathing drills. These will increase your lung capacity, which will translate to better output on the bike and run. You have a whole winter to build your base with volume, right now, let your body heal and do what you can to improve efficiently and effectively by getting more out of less. Best of luck buddy!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 10/20/09 12:01 pm - Northern, CA
I think you are overtraining. (I only skimmed the responses, but I gather I'm not the only one. )

Later on in the day after reading this thread, I found this and thought of you:

http://usatriathlon.org/pages/7596

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active