need help!!!!!

bigman82
on 10/14/09 2:41 pm
okay iam 27 yrs old 5"9 i weigh 334 pounds ive been walking the track everyday like 3 miles everyday when its not raining but for some reason i don't think its enough exercise for me i also work like 5 and 6 hours a day I'm contantsly moving i work at walmart  as a stocker just put me an exercise bike on layway this past week. s0o0o0o my question does anybody have any suggestions for me as far excerises or any sorta excerise equipment i could buy to get in shape
Seht
on 10/14/09 4:08 pm
increase the intensity of your walk.
Try to walk the same distance in a little less time.
Keep working at that.  Eventually as your weight comes off, that walking can turn into jogging or running.

You really don't need any fancy equipment.  The walking is great.  If you can't increase the intensity, then increase the duration.  Or if you can do it, do both.

You will see a difference.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

bigman82
on 10/14/09 11:22 pm
thanks good tip there
Waterwench
on 10/15/09 2:26 am - portland, OR
Scott is totally right, Bigman! I NEVER thought I would be a runner when I was 292, but after more and more weight came off and I felt better, I moved more and more and 4 months ago started "walk-running."

I worked my way up gradually until I was really running and could keep running over time. Wow! The change in my body composition has been amazing. My legs have some definition--I don't have cankles anymore--and my longest run to date is 8 miles!

I never would have thought I could do it, a year ago, but here I am! Get a good, supportive pair of running shoes, check out the "Couch to 5K" training and stretching exercises online, and watch your heart health increase as the size of you patoot shrinks! It's awesome! :)

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

wjoegreen
on 10/15/09 3:15 am - Colonial Heights, VA
With the activity you are getting between exercise and work, I'd have to say look at your nutrition.
 it still is the bottom line, you have to burn more calories than you take in to lose inches.
One significant thing I have learned from the RNY recovery regime is how littlel it take to sustain life.  Protein, water and vitamins to supplement the inability to eat what your body need to function.   Also, protein and complex carbs are harder for your body to store or convert to fat.  You have to eat to keep your body from gonginto starvation mode but you have to manage your intake to good stuff.  I like to think of it as using high octane fuel in a performance machine rather than the cheap stuff and running like a Chevette, or a Lambourghini with 2 spark plugs.

If your intake is in small amount of good quality, your body keeps processing. If you keep moving, the weight will come off unless you have some medical condition preventing it.
As you get lighter (around 266 for me) you can add some jogging in with the walking.  As the weight lessens, the jogging becomes easier, and you can go farther faster as you sty with it.  It is all a very rewarding and uplifting experience.

We will cheer you as you go if you will keep posting with us and sharing your victories and accomplishments; small and large.

Keep it going man, you are on a good regime.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active