bicycling question

David B.
on 10/14/09 10:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am having my rny on 10/21/09. Only 7 days away. :)

After having RNY how long do most people have to wait before riding a bicycle? I know I will be walking first, but I love cycling. So I cant wait to be able to be back on it again. Back 7 or 8 yrs ago, I was riding 60 to 70 miles a week, and averageing 15 mph.

David B.
  David  max  317, pre liquid diet  295, day of surgery 285, current 193 09/01/10

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/14/09 11:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey David,

Welcome to the board. I live in Fort Worth as well... Who's doing your surgery? I would say hop back on the bike whenever you feel comfortable doing do. Maybe we could hook up for a ride down  Trinity or something. Take care and stick around!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

David B.
on 10/15/09 8:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
Gregory Barnes is doing my surgery at Baylor hospital Cityview. Back when I used to ride I would ride the Trinity. I also rode with the Rusty chain gang, which is the daytime riders with the Fort Worth Bicycling Assco. After I am back on the bike would love to meet up and do a ride. I will be trying to get my partner on his bike and riding with me.

David B.
  David  max  317, pre liquid diet  295, day of surgery 285, current 193 09/01/10

Seht
on 10/14/09 11:47 am
The only restrictions to exercise I was given was no weight lifting and no core exercises for 6 week.  No crunches, things like that.  After a couple weeks the doc said I could lift if it was on a machine that isolated the area, so things like the curl machines etc.

He said walk/jog/ride the bike as I felt comfortable doing so.

Good luck and congrats on the surgery

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 10/14/09 3:02 pm - Northern, CA
I was back in the gym doing the stationary bike at 2 weeks.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active