legs are still broken

Seht
on 10/13/09 12:47 am
Dang I have not been this sore in a long, long time.  Yesterday was a recovery day, just a little walking at lunch to stretch out the legs a bit.

Today I did an hour on the stationary bike trying to loosen up my legs.  They are still so sore and achy from Sunday.  A little stretching to follow it up.  Finally starting to feel better, but I still feel like I need a walker whenever I try to get up and out of the chair.

Any suggestions for post race recovery beyone Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation?

I want to try some of the compression leg gear, but it is expensive.  At least the stuff at the Tri store is.  Does anyone have a recommendation for another source?

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/13/09 12:51 am - Fort Worth, TX
Do some epsom salt baths. Also, take a shower that starts off warm, theen put it as cold as it will go for  a few minutes, then switch back to warm, and repeat 3-4 times. Those will help. Yeah, as far as compression, it aint sheap, but man is it worth it. I do not have FULL leg compression, that's on Santa's list. We will see what he brings. Maybe a lump of coal?
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 10/13/09 1:13 am
Yeah but you know what happens to a lump of coal if you compress it long and hard enough.
It becomes a diamond!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Scott

panhead58fl
on 10/14/09 2:24 am - Barboursville, WV
Walking the next day usually helps me. I walk a mile on my first break, 2 miles at lunch and 1 mile on my afternoon break. Keep moving.

pan head
Seht
on 10/14/09 3:28 am
feeling human again today.  Still sore, but I think the easy spin on the bike and some stretching did a lot to help.

Going to give running a shot again tonight.  I'll take it easy on the treadmill just to get some miles in and warm up the legs.

only 17 days until the next 1/2 marathon.  Gotta be healthy for that.
Now that I know I can do it, I have a time goal. 

Scott

wjoegreen
on 10/15/09 3:04 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Compression dress socks, available in the department with the ace bandges, braces, and supports and/or Dr Scholls foot  support stuff at drug stores; Walgreens, Walmart, and CVS in my area. Still looking at approx. $15 a pair  
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Seht
on 10/15/09 5:21 am
Thanks!

I'll have to take a look at that.  Look at medical related instead of sports related sites.

Scott

Most Active