Flu Striking Anyone Yet?

Waterwench
on 10/12/09 11:36 pm - portland, OR
Hey, folks. Has anyone else gone down with the flu yet? It's like a freakin' epidemic out here. My youngest just came down with the fever and emesis, and I am terrified that I'll get it, too. Yikes! Well, I am keeping up all hygienic precautions, but I'm worried I'll get sick before my vaccinations kick in!

I lucked out--the FluMist version of the H1N1 vaccine was distributed around the hospital where I work for free yesterday. Now I want to get the kids covered, but our neighborhood clinic doesn't have it yet!

All of this has put a serious crimp in my exercising. They never mention in the parenting manual that round-the-clock vomit detail will exhaust a person more than running 8 miles over hilly territory! Ah, to be a single mom...glamorous, isn't it??

Well, back to caregiving.

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Darrell H.
on 10/13/09 6:31 am - Sinton, TX
It is all over the school I teach and coach at. I havent got it yet. Hopefully I dont. H1N1 has been pretty prevalant here.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
BOS02215
on 10/14/09 12:45 am
I am keeping my fingers crossed!  I work with 3 people who all have 6 yr olds. They are ALWAYS sick and every day I make the sign of the cross before I cross the threshold into my office.  So far, so good. I get a regular flu shot next week, but I haven't seen any availability for the H1N1 mist yet.

On a somewhat related note, I've been EXTREMELY lucky over the last 2 years with regard to getting colds and/or the flu. No colds, and when I do get stomach symptoms, no more vomiting. Is that standard for RNY patients?  I'm guessing it is.  Yes? No? Bueller?

Most Active