First Spin Class Any Pointers???

xxnikicolexx
on 10/8/09 6:10 pm - Toms River, NJ
My nutritionist suggested I take 3 classes a week for the next month and a half to try and increase my weightloss so on Monday I am going to start my first spin class.  I was thinking of warming up for like 20 minutes walking on the treadmill and then doing some stretching and then talking to the teacher of the class to let her know I am out of shape and know I won't be able to keep up but want to try and build up tolerance until I can keep up with the class.  But does anyone have any other helpful information becasue I am nervous... I think it's just the whole first time going to a class ... I mean it was hard enough to get myself to go to the gym alone. 

Thank  you lotz!!
Nicole
Darrell H.
on 10/8/09 8:24 pm - Sinton, TX
Beautiful name. My daughter is Nicole. Congratulations on taking a class. You might want to check with the instructor prior to warming up. The spin classes at my gym include a warm up, stretching and a cool down. Take care and keep "Daring Greatly"!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Sherry_Berry
on 10/8/09 10:33 pm - Dacula, GA
Keep the resistance low on the bike. Nice thing about spin is that you control your workout. I think it's a good idea to talk to the instructor beforehand.
xxnikicolexx
on 10/13/09 4:22 pm - Toms River, NJ
I survived spin class it was hard for someone that doesn't really like working out much at all.  I did pedal the entire time and even did all the stand up/sit down stuff for the first 30mins but then I was just wore out.  The man at the class told me it will take me about 3 months going 2 or 3 times a week to get use to doing the entire class and I will be good by then. 
Linn D.
on 10/13/09 11:01 pm - Missoula, MT
It truly does take a little while and some people never get through the first week or so and give up.  Spin classes can be great fun, and if you go to the same class all the time, you'll get to know the regulars and they can be a great source of inspiration.  They will comment on how you're improving and encourage you to keep coming.  It's such great cardio that I hope you stick with it!

Linn
Most Active