My FAVORITE race!

Linn D.
on 10/3/09 9:30 am - Missoula, MT
Hey guys,

Today was the Missoula Diva Day All Women's Run.  It's only a 5k now, but it's tons of fun.  It was the first race I ever did back in 2004 (did the 10k when there was one), and still holds a dear place in my heart.

Anyway, I didn't pre-register this year because my runs haven't been the best, and wasn't positive I was even going to do it until about 7:30 this morning, but I showered and got already and made it there at about 8:30.  Weather was pretty cool (only 36 degrees), but manageable.  I actually did a little warm-up run before the race as well (which I rarely do).  I ran into all sorts of women I knew, so that was nice also.

Anyway, the race gets started.  I was actually smart enough to line up toward the front, so I didn't have to move through too many people and got off to a good start.  I don't wear a watch so I had no idea how fast I was going, but I thought I was going at a pretty good clip.

Anyway, I get just about to the finish and I finally see the clock.  It was at 24:40!  My official time was 24:44 for a 7:58 pace.  I could barely believe it!  I don't run that fast.  I guess I did today.  I was so happy that tears came to my eyes.  I haven't been emotional at the finish of a race in a very long time, but this one was more than 2 minutes faster than I thought I had any hope of doing.  

Anyway, there it is... proof positive that speed work can really pay off.

Linn
Sherry_Berry
on 10/3/09 10:23 am - Dacula, GA
Great going Linn! AND CONGRATS!!!!!!! Woot woot!
Cassie W.
on 10/3/09 2:16 pm
Congratulations Linn! That is an amazing time!  You've inspired me to get back to those intervals that I've neglected for so long.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/4/09 12:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
Great job Linn!!! I have always PR'd in races when it's really cold for some reason. Anyways, great job and congrats on your long-term success with WLS, it is inspiring... You are proof that life is a marathon not a sprint!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 10/4/09 1:07 am - Port Huron, MI
 WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Incredible time -- glad to hear you everything went great for you!
--Dan
levittown_loser
on 10/4/09 1:23 am - Levittown, PA
Way to go Diva!  Awesome pace Linn.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Seht
on 10/4/09 2:28 am
Congrats Linn, I bet that was a nice surprise.

Way to go.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 10/4/09 2:55 am - Cumming, GA
nice!  that's been my goal for a while (to get my pace sub 8:00 mile)... great work, it's truley nice to cash in on training unexpectantly!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Linn D.
on 10/4/09 3:06 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks a bunch you all!

Since I've been feeling so badly about not being able to train for the long ones, and my tri runs had been slower than I like, I've been compensating some with interval work.  It was quite an ego boost for me and a very pleasant and unexpected surprise to hit that 8-min mile mark.

I truly appreciate this board and all the kind words you all have!  Thanks again.

Linn
MacMadame
on 10/4/09 8:02 am - Northern, CA
Congrats!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active