Born to Run

mcarthur01
on 10/2/09 6:22 am - Cumming, GA
If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.  especially the part about how high tech shoes actually cause injury not prevent them...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

MacMadame
on 10/2/09 10:14 am - Northern, CA
Bah. They make a lot of claims that aren't back up with clinical data.

Personally, I got plantar fasciitis by going without shoes most of the day for a year. Wearing shoes all the time has fixed it.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 10/2/09 1:07 pm - Missoula, MT
I think there's a lot to be said for proper running technique.  For me, using a stability shoe forces my foot strike too far to the outside.  I don't like the extra cushy shoes either, because I feel like they make me run differently, unnaturally.  My best runs are the faster ones where I feel like my stride is effortless even though I'm breathing hard.  I also like my shoes light.  They don't last as long, but they feel better.  I've not had any problems with feet, hamstrings, or IT band since I started using the lighter neutral shoes.

That's my take.

Linn
mcarthur01
on 10/2/09 10:14 pm - Cumming, GA
that is pretty much exactly what the author and others were talking about... it' s all about form, high tech shoes cushion and allow everybody to feel more comfortable with bad form therefore over time the stresses of bad form are masked and come out as injury...  interesting points....
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active