tennis shoes/sneakers question

mestude
on 10/1/09 12:44 am
im a big guy now (340) and fairly active for my size. Im looking for good opinion on a really good shoe, with good arch support.
  I want to hit the gym again before my Sleeve (hopefully in Dec) i have to lose the pre-op weight. Also im going to Disney in NOv. So its great timing for a new pair of shoes...
Who wares which shoes.
in the past i have like Nike and Asics.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/1/09 12:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
If you are refering to good arch support, my guess is that you have pretty flat feet. Get a good stability shoe or motion control shoe.... Saucony makes a good motion control shoe if you tend to pronate. Also, Asics Keyano are my go to shoe.. Great stability shoe! Not cheap at about $140 or so, but well worth it! Congrats on your lifestyle change...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

on 10/1/09 1:31 am - National City, MI
My shoe of choice: Nike. For running I wear the Nike Pegusis ($90). For walking, it's the Nike Airliner ($40). Both good shoes for bigger flat-footed guys.
Duane1064
on 10/1/09 1:36 am - Bloomington, IN
Go to a running store and have them analyze your stride and gait.  They will properly fit you.  I did that for my running shoes.  For walking I've also used my orthotics that my Podiatrist made for me.  Start slow and build up.  Congratulations!

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Seht
on 10/1/09 1:46 am
What Duane said!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to buy my shoes off the rack, whatever running/walking/tennis shoes that were onsale and fit my fat feet are the ones I bought.  I never immagined that there could be such a difference.

Instantly the foot pain and blisters became a thing of the past.  I still will get the occasional blister but only on my longest runs.  The daily 3-6 mile runs no longer cause any foot discomfort.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

robt859
on 10/1/09 3:08 am
I just use New Balance they have a nice select of 4E styles. I know there are better shoes and as my endurence and distances increase I will probably upgrade. Right now I just walking, 3 miles 4-5 times a week. In another 25 lbs or so I will be starting to run. Than it is looking for a GYM membership with a swimming facillty. I am thinking I wanna do triathalons.

Nicole B.
on 10/1/09 4:22 am - Inglewood, CA
I would highly recommend the Sketcher Shape ups. I got a pair two weeks ago and WOW what a difference. You tone and lose weight while you walk. They are very comfortable and reasonable price too.  I feel the soreness in my thighs, butt, and legs the first day.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/1/09 6:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
Nicole, I graduated from Bellflower High School! Small World! My mom still lives in Bellflower...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Nicole B.
on 10/1/09 6:38 am - Inglewood, CA

It sure is...

Most Active