NOT NOW!!!!

saxman007
on 9/30/09 5:56 am - Port Huron, MI
Well, my  5-8 mile run turned into a 2.5 mile run.  I'm starting to get shin splints @#$%!!!!!!!  Of all the times when I really CAN'T be getting these, I knew I was running too hard yesterday but I continued on and did it.  grrrr, stretching/massage/hope are the keys.  I REALLY need to get an 18-20 miler in this weekend.  I was hoping to run through a little pain today and decided that it wasn't going to get better and I better not pu****
Anybody have tips on taping or other things that will help.  
I'm pissed at myself, I know how to prevent this stupid things and I shouldn've known better.
Thanks for listening, rant over
DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/30/09 8:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
I have terrible shin splints and have had them since my marathon Feb. Get compression socks.. THey have saved my life... That and ART by my Chiro! 1-2 times a week usually
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

panhead58fl
on 9/30/09 1:45 pm - Barboursville, WV
I know your pain. I have been running with the pain for about a month or more. My pain usually goes away after I warm up and been running for a while. This week has been tough, I did 18 miles Sunday and had to take Monday off from running. Ran 4 miles yesterday and 5 today. Hope to do 20 this Sunday. I have my first full marathon coming up Nov. 1. I bought an elastic bandage type brace at a local drug store. It seems to help. I can tell a difference when I try to run with out it. I have been told the only real cure is to stop running and rest. Not what I want to hear. Just want to make it through the marathon then I will rest.

pan head
Most Active