Tuesday's Workout

Waterwench
on 9/29/09 11:34 pm - portland, OR
First real day with Fall weather--crisp, cold, with a hint of burning leaves in the air--and treacherous drifts of dried, fallen pine needles to accidentally slip on while running!

I ran an easy 3 miles Tuesday, and plan another 3 on Wednesday as part of my mileage build-up plan. My knees feel better.

BTW, has anyone tried Kinesio-Tape for the knees?

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

saxman007
on 9/30/09 3:00 am - Port Huron, MI
 Did three miles in 25:50 with a full on sprint for the last 1/4 mile.  Really thought I was going to beat my buddy but he out kicked me at the end  Our last 1.25 mile splits (in 1/4 miles)  8:44/8:22/8:25/8:05/7:17
Nice 1 mile recovery to get back home after.  Felt great, next weekend I have my first cross country 5k ever and my first stand alone 5k since May.  
mcarthur01
on 9/30/09 3:00 am - Cumming, GA
i forgot my gym bag so had to make lemonade outta lemons yesterday...  i booked home and got 20 miles in on the bike in a bit over an hour in the hills by my house.  it was dark, so i intended on doing a brick run on our old TM in my basement, but the TM finally stopped working.  So I went out and bricked a 5K in my neighborhood in the dark on some horrendous hills (hills that make yer knees hurt running up them)... i guess it's good pratice for my trail run in November :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

LoveLikeWinter
on 9/30/09 5:30 am
It was my rest day so I didn't do much, but I did clean out a huge walk in closet I have. Took me about 4 hrs and I sweated my ass off, so I burned something :) 
_Heather_
Il faut souffrir pour être belle

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story." -Barney Stinson/Neil Patrick Harris

Lost 169 lb before getting pregnant!
Mama to Aleksandar J.B., 11.26.11 <3 Now I know what true love REALLY is! <3
MacMadame
on 9/30/09 11:08 am - Northern, CA
We did a track workout only on trails. We worked on hill skills and got to do a hill bounding drill.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Darrell H.
on 9/30/09 8:39 pm - Sinton, TX
I had my toughest speed workout to date. 8x400 meter intervals. I start with a 10 min warmup at 5.2 then I start a 400 at 7.5. I then rest for 2 minutes by walking at 3.2. Then go again. The workout is in sets of 4s so after the 1st 4, I rested for 5 minutes by walking at 3.0, then start the 5th 400. I was doing pretty good, but after the 6th one, I looked at the time on the treadmill and realized that the seconds displayed were about to get to the even minute showing I needed to start again. I immediately increased the speed up to 7.5 and about 15 seconds into the run, I realized that I wasn't paying attention and only 1 minute had elapsed. I finished that then got my 2 minutes rest and completed the last one. I was feeling it after that, but I drank my recovery drink and then went to a restaurant and had a huge bowl of oatmeal and a couple slices of toast.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/1/09 3:31 am - Fort Worth, TX
1200 Meter swim, nice and easy...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active