I love to get high!

Duane1064
on 9/30/09 6:40 am - Bloomington, IN
 That's right, I said it and you know what?  I know you people do too.  I'm not talking about alcohol, drugs, or any kind of substance abuse.  I'm talking about a runners high.  That's right, an endorphin high baby!!!!  I had my first one today since I was a senior in highschool back in 1983.

When it kicked in I knew immediately what it was.  I'd been waiting and expecting to get one and now I finally did.  I'd forgotten what one felt like.  I ran my furthest distance since surgery and I just kept pushing on when that little voice in my head kept saying to stop running and walk.  I didn't give in and I reaped the rewards for pushing myself.

I'm going to tell you guys something else....I plan on getting high at least two more days this week.  I'm training for that half marathon in November and I refuse to go into it in poor condition.  Maybe I can get my wife to get high too.

Duane 

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Seht
on 9/30/09 9:45 am
I'm still waiting for that feeling.  I was starting to think it was something that was made up by other people to try and get you to do the same crazy stuff they do.

So far the only time I get it is when I finish exercising

Glad to hear you are having a great experience with it!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

LoveLikeWinter
on 9/30/09 10:20 pm
Yep I'm still waiting, too ;)
I get really, really happy when I'm DONE working out- does that count?
_Heather_
Il faut souffrir pour être belle

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story." -Barney Stinson/Neil Patrick Harris

Lost 169 lb before getting pregnant!
Mama to Aleksandar J.B., 11.26.11 <3 Now I know what true love REALLY is! <3
Waterwench
on 9/30/09 9:55 am - portland, OR
I usually get it at about the 4-mile mark--feels like you're floating and are invincible! Today I only ran 3.57 miles, so I didn't quite make it. But I know it's out there, waiting for me!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Duane1064
on 9/30/09 10:17 am - Bloomington, IN
 Mine came around the 4 mile mark.

Duane

I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
MacMadame
on 9/30/09 11:07 am - Northern, CA
I prefer to fly. Which is why the bike is my favorite.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Duane1064
on 9/30/09 12:18 pm - Bloomington, IN
 That's good too.  I can't wait to get my road bike.  The mountain bike is like riding a tank!

Duane

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/30/09 1:44 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I think Snoop does it for the Endorphins as well...He usually hits his high at about mile .0001

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Duane1064
on 9/30/09 8:32 pm - Bloomington, IN
Yeah, I think Snoop is the spokesperson and poster child for fittness and exercise.  Too funny!

Duane 

LoveLikeWinter
on 9/30/09 10:22 pm
He's ALL about the cardio...
_Heather_
Il faut souffrir pour être belle

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story." -Barney Stinson/Neil Patrick Harris

Lost 169 lb before getting pregnant!
Mama to Aleksandar J.B., 11.26.11 <3 Now I know what true love REALLY is! <3
Most Active