Going on week 2 with little to no exercise

Seht
on 9/29/09 4:22 am
Just kind of rambling a bit.

I've been sick the last week+ started last tuesday with some abd. cramping and gastric distress.
The cramping went away, but the G.I. issues continued through the week.
On Sunday I was feeling great.  I thought I had recovered.  No distress feeling great, healthy happy etc.  I went for a long bike ride and it went well, no issues, tired, but it was a good feeling.

About 2:30 that morning I woke up with intense abd pain that got worse and ended up with a trip to the E.R.  8+ hours later 1 I.V.  two injections of morphine for the pain and something else for the G.I. Issues.  Then an X-ray and a CaT scan.  They thought I had a blockage or an adhesion problem from all of my abd surgery.  (RnY & Colon Cancer)  They didn't find anything conclusive.  I'm going back this friday to see a G.I. doc and see what he has to say.

No pain today, but my stomach/G.I. still feels iffy.  They said I need to eat a simple diet, nothing hard to digest.  They said Bananas, Rice, Toast with nothing on it.  No dairy except yogurt, so I guess that's going to be my protein source.

This was supposed to be an easy workout week, but I missed my last week runs which were supposed to include a 12 mile run.  My longest run before the 1/2 marathon on the 11th.  I hope to get some kind of run this week, but I don't want to have a sock incident.

I guess I could go run on the treadmill at the gym, but it just doesn't feel the same as running on the street.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

wjoegreen
on 9/29/09 7:38 am - Colonial Heights, VA
You get you looked after,....we'll be here when you get back.
Keep us posted on your well being and situation.

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
playwithzoe
on 9/29/09 11:18 am
That really sucks I'm so sorry but take care of yourself, there will be time to race in the future if you need to miss this race.  That much pain sounds like something is going on that needs to be tended to.  I've had tennis elbow for a year an a half and if it doesn't go away I'm headed for surgery so I've opted to do nothing but run and core, nothing that uses my arm until it heals assuming it will.  I see it as giving up short term goals for long term gains.  Hope you feel better soon and that it's just a stomach virus.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

kypdurran
on 10/1/09 1:20 am - Baton Rouge, LA

That sucks buddy.  Hope you can get back in the swing of things soon!  Hang in there.

Chad 

Most Active