Jealous and whining...

Linn D.
on 9/26/09 4:39 am - Missoula, MT
So as many of you may have noticed, I don't spend much time on the board anymore.  School started and it's beginning to steamroll (as I knew it would).  Don't believe anyone who tells you pharmacy school isn't hard or time-consuming.  I have an MS in Biochemistry and it wasn't this hard.  I felt like I got totally beat up this week with 2 exams and a quiz.  Next week isn't any better.  Not looking for sympathy here since I knew it was coming, just whining.

This is the big whine.  I hear about all the races and distances people are doing and I'm lucky to find an hour to do ANY exercising these days.  I am going to try for 8 miles today, but will truly be happy with 7.  I still get 3-4 runs in most weeks, but they're short 3-4 miles).  I also still make the spin classes (so far) and try to brick at least one of them.  Exercising these days has taken a back seat to studying and I miss being able to train for the longer distances.  Biggest problem is that the time that's best to exercise (for me) is also the best time for studying.

I MISS TRAINING FOR THE BIG STUFF!!!  I MISS SPENDING 2-3 HOURS AT THE GYM!  I MISS BEING ABLE TO RUN 10 MILES AND HAVE IT NOT FEEL BAD!

Okay, I'm done whining now and getting ready to go to the gym...  Thanks for listening.

Linn
saxman007
on 9/26/09 7:25 am - Port Huron, MI
 See, you probably could've got in a good 30-40 crunches in the time it took to type that post ;)
Having been on a biologic arthritis medicine for 8 years I truly appreciate what you pharmacists have to know!!!  You're the unsung heroes that many of your patients will never understand that it's sooo much more than just putting pills in a bottle.
Hang in there and just think, when you're a pharmacist you'll have an income that will support some more unique race venues than some of us can ;)
Linn D.
on 9/26/09 11:37 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks Dan.  I was having a little pity party this morning and was really feeling the stress.  I know I'm doing the best I can, but I really miss the training.  I miss feeling good when I'm running and being able to run distances without feeling like I'm going to die!  It will be better next year, I'm just going through withdrawal.

I'm hoping that once I'm working that I'll be able to train for some cool races and get to some great places.  Patience is the bane of my existence!

Linn
Sherry_Berry
on 9/26/09 7:47 am - Dacula, GA
Linn-dont know what you're schedule is like, but can you get up an hour early to do gym stuff or runs?

I totally feel you! I'm also jealous of Ironman and 70.3 racers this season! Crap! I've been LAZY! As soon as I learn my baby's schedule I'll have to figure out a way to get back into it too!

Glad you're still getting some miles in!
Linn D.
on 9/26/09 11:20 am - Missoula, MT
Sherry,

I do get up early to get to the gym, but the days I have exams or quizzes I get up even earlier than that to study. Mornings are best for my brain and my body.  I forgot just how tired I get going to school and I'm not so young any more : ).  Weekends should start getting a little better for a while since hubby is away at work again (finally after nearly 5 months) and today's run was pretty good.  Just feels like such a struggle to maintain.  

The thing I like best about training is the moving forward - longer, faster.  I guess I've never been happy keeping the status quo.  I like the progression.

Thanks Sherry.
Sherry_Berry
on 9/26/09 12:49 pm - Dacula, GA
I'm mentally better in the morning too!

I used to get up at 4 to swim. ever since I got preggers that stopped fast!

I'm glad I have morning planning at school b/c I'm USELESS after my last class!

Don't worry-it will all come together! I trained for 2 IMs during grad school. That was the suck!
Most Active