Those interested in putting together a team for Ironman Florida 2011

Darrell H.
on 9/24/09 10:04 pm - Sinton, TX
I have been in contact with Eric Klein, founder and owner of Obesity Help trying to find people who might help sponsor an OH team at Iroonman Florida. If any of you have any media that could be of use, could you please send them to him. His OH name is ericklein. I am also going to write the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons. If any of you have any other ideas or know of anyone else who might be interested in this endeavor, please let me know. I think this could be a huge event to show the world what fitness and a healthy lifestyle can do. As I mentioned earlier, I wbe we could get a team together that has a total combined weight loss of a ton!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
saxman007
on 9/24/09 10:12 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Darrell,
What kind of media are you looking for?  Do you want articles like the one that your local paper did on you or me on my summer running club?  
I think this is going to be a blast putting together and the different media venues we can get access to will be staggering.
--Dan
Darrell H.
on 9/26/09 2:24 pm - Sinton, TX
On September 25, 2009 at 5:12 AM Pacific Time, saxman007 wrote:
 Darrell,
What kind of media are you looking for?  Do you want articles like the one that your local paper did on you or me on my summer running club?  
I think this is going to be a blast putting together and the different media venues we can get access to will be staggering.
--Dan
Dan I was thinking anything and everything that we have. As much as people want to do the right thing and I truly believe showing people that they can change there lives and become fit is a great thing, I also believe that if someone wants to invest in something They need to know there is an audience. I think if they see the amount of media attention we have received in small venues, that something huge could come out of this team effort at IMFL. Kind of a return on an investment.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 10/7/09 3:52 am
Is there any more word on this?
I was just wondering what kind of response you have gotten.  This sounds wonderful.  Not sure I can make it, but it sould would be an awesome event to see everyone at.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active