Wednesday Workouts

saxman007
on 9/23/09 7:06 am - Port Huron, MI
OK -- so I just did 2 miles but they were a GREAT 2 miles!!!!!  Yeah it was only 8:48/miles (not quite race pace) but considering that I"m just getting back into my running mode and I've been sick I feel great.  4 straight days of running, somehow got to find a way to get some miles in tomorrow.  Friday will be an off day and then Saturday will tell me how bad my marathon is gonna go  
wjoegreen
on 9/23/09 8:41 am - Colonial Heights, VA
6 mi at lunch in 1:20 on a humid 84 degree day that was overcast with rain threatening when i started.  After the first mile the sun came out and it got hot. I started too fast and went too long before walking.  It felt good to go almost 2 miles before walking and after a hill but I suffered finishing that 6th mi.

Otherwise, I got my run in and I feel really good about that.

SAXMAN, how can you build up and taper at the same time?  How good are you?

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
saxman007
on 9/23/09 1:19 pm - Port Huron, MI
 I've got 3 weeks to my marathon(s).  still safely in the build phase.  Not gonna lie, little worried about my build but hope/trust my other training will carry me through!  All I got to say is I'll be primed to absolutely tear it up @ Disney in January!
Waterwench
on 9/23/09 11:12 am - portland, OR
I am so lame in the heat. I am on Week 3 of my mileage build-up plan, and it's going well. Today called for a 4 miler, and I did 4.4 miles but was so SLOW, even though I felt like I was really working hard, sweat pouring off me! My time was 11 minutes per mile, a full minute per mile worse than my average. Oh, Autumn--when are you REALLY going to get here??

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Cassie W.
on 9/23/09 11:12 am
Today was a 1-hour advanced spin class.   It was a great workout!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/23/09 11:42 am - Fort Worth, TX
A warm up on the bike.. then a 22mph 10 mile tempo ride, cool down, and I'm ready for Augusta 70.3!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

beckipoohbear
on 9/23/09 12:12 pm - AZ
 I had to drive 2 hours to work in another location but I still got up at 5:15 and got my 3 miler in before I hit the road.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

MacMadame
on 9/23/09 3:59 pm - Northern, CA
AM: did some weight lifting and strength stuff at the gm
PM: Swimming. Learned a new drill. Got in my 1800 yards after not being able to for a long time.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Michelle B.
on 9/23/09 8:36 pm - Augusta, ME
15 mile bike ride with my son.  It was fun!!

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

Scott William
on 9/23/09 11:27 pm
I did 4 times a mile at 8:45; 8:35; 8:25; 8:15.  I wanted to do a 5th but the legs were not ready at that pace.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active