Redman Half-Ironman Distance Triathlon Race Report

kypdurran
on 9/22/09 8:20 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Took awhile to put this together since my body is still busted from the weekend...   Race report is up at http://www.team464.com/redman2009/

Have a great evening.

Chad
www.team464.com

Cassie W.
on 9/22/09 10:30 am
Chad,

Next time I struggle during a race, your accomplishments in Redman will give me strength.  I was worried about you going into this event with your body weakened by the flu.  But, even a nasty virus can't slow you down!

Rest up and good luck at the World Championship!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/22/09 11:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
Great report bro. Talk about the chips stacking against you... Good gravy man!!! Way to fight through it and finish strong. Conngrats on the PR and overcoming the odds! Recover well...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 9/22/09 12:12 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Wow dude, you went into this race not a 100% and had a GREAT race!!  Losing the googles and forging ahead, you are the man!!!!!

Darrell H.
on 9/22/09 12:18 pm - Sinton, TX
Chad you never cease to amaze me. I have followed you and your races very closely since I 1st got on OH. I think this is my favorite race report followed closely by your 1st marathon. As you know the theme of my journey is Daring Greatly and those reports are the greatest example of that., Thank you for that and all of your accomplishments. GET WELL AND KICK ASS AT CLEARWATER!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
MacMadame
on 9/22/09 3:53 pm - Northern, CA
I enjoyed reading your report... keep on trucking, dude and see you next May!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Hawgman
on 9/22/09 10:37 pm - TX
Way to go, Chad!!  It is a great accomplishment to finish a tri and then to overcome the difficulties that you have is truly outstanding.

Great report!

mcarthur01
on 9/22/09 11:55 pm - Cumming, GA
wow.   great report, and great effort to gut out a PR through a bunch of bad conditions.  Best of luck on your upcoming A-Race!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 9/24/09 4:06 am
Way to go Chad!

Congrats on the PR and thanks for sharing the report.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active