I need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misstilly
on 9/21/09 11:29 pm - Cosby, TN
I have been having problems getting motivated.  I was going to a gym  for 1 1/2 years that just recently closed.  I did join another gym but I can;t get myself to go, I have no desire to go there.  the gym is a nice place and everyone is helpful, it just isn;t the same.  I am still running but not as much as before and Ihave some races coming up that i am going to do, but I know that has affected my mood.  I have gained about 5 pounds and I am so afraid that it will continue.  I just recently bought a used home gym and am thinking about getting some other equipment and putting in the garge to make it feel like a gym.  I'm just in need of a good swift kick and some motovation.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

wjoegreen
on 9/22/09 12:04 am - Colonial Heights, VA
1. stop buying gym equipment you aren't going to use. It too expensive as house furnishings and not real functional,...and buying stuff doesn't help you as you are learning or already knew.  If you need verification, check out the equipment at yard sales.

2.  Read the stories of those posting on this board. Not just their posts but go read their home OH page/profile and see where they came from to where they are now.  Motivating stuff. Especially since it is the same starting point we had.

3.  Post your daily workout for accountability. And if no one starts a daily work out post, start one yourself.  I know there are a bunch of folks on this board that are doing some amazing stuff, but they once were where you and me are.  They just keep after it and kept taking it to another level.  We don't have to do that, but we could if we choose to try.  My body amazes me with what it can do if I don't try to go too fast all at once.

4.  Read the daily posts.  Cath the enthusiam of those that are doing things, great or small,...they are getting out they and doing things.  I read the posts on this bopard and then go read the justifications and rationalizations and excuses on some of the other board regarding the attitudes towards exercise.  The difference is dramatic.  The differenc to me is getting out there and doing. 
Is it easy? Sometimes but not usually 
Does it hurt? Especailly that first mile; to get teh kinks out and convince my body I'm going through with this, then it feels more natural and theblood starts flowing and I get a rythymn.

Do you have to MAKE time to make it happen? Absolutely. It is super easy to talk yourself out of why you should skip today and get after it again tomorrow, then next thing you know its been a week or a month.  I try to think about it as in an hour or 30 minutes I will have this great sense of accomplishment after I get back.

Will it make the scales go down?  Maybe but not necessarily, but it will absolutely make your body more proportional and appealing.  Your mobility will improve and your endurance will sky-rocket.

Wil we be able to do this forever?  No, ain't none of us getting any younger so make hay while the sun shines because you never know when time and fate is going to alter your course.  although, if you get sick or injuried, you will either die faster or heal faster because you are in better/great condition.  I have witnessed both and experinced the healing faster part.  It too is an amazing thing. 

Rock on Duduette.  You can do this and you will love yourself and the results for it.  The training we oftern have to do alone.  The winning everyone wants to share in the fun. Go for IT!!

The journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step.
Success is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration
They are hundreds of secrets for success,...none of them wor****il you do.

Yes,...I've drank the kool-aid
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
ladychief231
on 9/22/09 2:00 am - Douglassville, PA
Great post Joe. It motiviated me and I'm pretty motivate :o)

I appreciate your time and thoughtfulness in your reply.

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Seht
on 9/22/09 2:30 am
I understand, I have done that, I do that, I will probably continue to experience periods like that.
But guess wha, You made a commitment to yourself, You had a life altering surgery to help you correct your health.  No get up off your butt and go to the gym, go out for a walk, go for a run, lift those weights. 

I really find that once I start moving again and it becomes habit, it gets easier and easier to go the next time.  But on the downside, each day you sit on the couch makes the next day easier and easier to sit on the couch.

If you are afraid it will continue, then just continue doing what you are doing and it will be a self fufilling prophecy.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

misstilly
on 9/22/09 2:34 am - Cosby, TN
Thanks Joe for the kick in pants that I need.  You are absolutely right.  I just need to get that first step out the door and after I have finished my run I feel like a new person, it is the motivation thing right now. I have a race scheduled for this Saturday and I plan on doing it, I'm hoping this will help me back on the exercise road.

Thanks again.
Sue

215/210/117/120

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/22/09 2:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Sue,

Sometimes our own words can be more encouraging and motivating than someone elses....

Post Date 10/17/08 11:34 am
Topic: RE: My First 5k tomorrow

Kim you can do it.  I am doing my 4-5K tomorrow.  I still get nervous also.  when I did my first I said that I would fini**** even if I had to walk across the finish line, well i didn't I ran across.  Just find someone that is going a easy pace and run with them.  I did that and ended up passing them.  I did take walking breaks, there is nothing to be ashamed in doing that.  You will see other people doing that too.
Good Luck.

Sue

Post Date 10/14/08 1:35 pm
Topic: RE: When did you decide you could do it?

I started running in late April and did my 1st 5K June 1.  I have done 3 of those with another one this coming weekend and a 8K the weekend following.  I am also planning on doing a 1/2 in March.  I think I first thought of doing a 1/2 after my 2 race.  I am nervous thinking about the training and all but excited too.  I know that I wil be able to do the 1/2.

Sue

Post Date 9/11/08 4:22 pm
Topic: RE: Going Nuts!!!

It feels so great to run and yeah I do think you can get hooked.  I was never a runner when I was younger or thinner, just since I've had my surgery have I started to run.  I think it has become a cross addiction.

Sue

SUE....

We are all so proud of you, and know you can do whatever you put your mind to. Life has it's highs and lows... emotional, spiritual, financial, etc... Just know that there is a light at the end of every tunnel and that we were sent here to be happy. Do what makes you happy, and get rid of the things in your life that aren't making you happy. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! NOW GET OUT THERE AND MOVE BEFORE I HAVE TO BEAT YOU WITH A WET NOODLE!!!!

Much Love...

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

misstilly
on 9/22/09 1:12 pm - Cosby, TN
Thanks for all your support and the kick in the pants that I needed. thanks for reminding me of some of the words of encouragment I gave others . I am planning on running tomorrow morning. 

Sue

215/210/117/120

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/22/09 2:50 pm - Fort Worth, TX
That a girl!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/