IM FL -2011??

Darrell H.
on 9/16/09 12:18 pm - Sinton, TX
That is an awesome idea. As I stated before, I plan on doing IMFL 2010, if I cant make it over there this year to volunteer so I can register, I will try to fundraise and enter in a community foundation slot. Then I could do it again in 2011. That would be awesome doing that race with all of you!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Duane1064
on 9/16/09 10:25 pm - Bloomington, IN
If all goes as planned, and it always does right? LOL ...I could see Alisica and myself doing that Ironman event in 2011.  We're training hard and we're really dedicated to our training and our health.  I plan on doing some half-tri's next year so I think that's it's possible.  That would be cool to be in the midst of some friendly company.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/17/09 4:00 am - Fort Worth, TX
IN!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 9/17/09 8:58 am, edited 9/17/09 8:59 am
Well I talked it over with my wife and she has given her blessing.  The first 75.00 dollars gets moved into the 2011 triathlon fund on payday tomorrow.

So what are the chances of getting all of us registered.  I'm not going to be able to fly out and volunteer the year before so I can sign up early.

Will there be spots still open on online after all the people at the event get done registering.

I wonder if we could be an interest story to them.  Maybe make sure we all get registered.

Scott

p.s. I also now have 2 years to get over my fear of sharks.  I know it's irrational, but it's there so....

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 9/17/09 9:54 am - Port Huron, MI
 MOST ironman races are NOT selling out on-site this year.  I believe the only one that did was Lake Placid, even Canada had on-line registration for a couple of hours.  
My other thought in feeling out the group is to try to turn this us into a special interest group.  Of course they always have people losing weight for these things but add all of our losses and we're talking a truly staggering amount.  
Add to that the fact that we're coming from MI, GA, NY, TX, CA, IN is another angle for us to use.  
Don't want to put the cart before the horse, but why not plant the seeds?
Sherry_Berry
on 9/17/09 10:33 am - Dacula, GA
Woot woot! This is getting fun.

Don't worry about the sharks...there are more of us than there are of them! They stay far away. It's the jellies that will get you!

Do you think sharks want to fight this?

swimStart2.jpg picture by soeur
Seht
on 9/17/09 12:46 pm
Looks like a smorgas board all you can eat buffet to me.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Sherry_Berry
on 9/19/09 12:43 am - Dacula, GA
sharks stay away. Jellies will get you.

Look into a product called safe sea.

It takes the stingies away! Well, prevents them from hurting you too bad!
Sherry_Berry
on 9/17/09 10:35 am - Dacula, GA
It would be awesome if we could get a team of 10 or so! At that point I'll be about 8 years out of surgery! I need motivation to get/keep this baby weight off!
Sherry_Berry
on 9/17/09 10:37 am - Dacula, GA
Here I am...after I gained about 50 pounds! Ummm. Y'all! 5.5 weeks to go! Ugh!

crib023.jpg picture by soeur
Most Active