Saturday Workouts

Darrell H.
on 9/12/09 1:30 am - Sinton, TX
My 1/2 Marathon plan called for a 5 mile run this morning at 10:40 pace. I have adjusted the plan increasing my long runs by a mile each week where today I planned on running 8. Well it was definately one of those days where I started making several excuses not to run. First of all I was tired from last nights football game which we won in double overtime. Then there is this darn sinus infection that just won't clear up. Lastly it was raining. Well I was extremely proud of myself as I strapped on my garmin and my fuel belt and took off. I felt pretty good for the 1st 2.5 miles or so and then felt like crap. At around mile 6 my knee started bothering me and after 7.28 miles I called it a day. I ran that 7.28 at a 10:49 avg. Although I didn't enjoy this run over all, I did like running in the rain. We have been in the worst drought here in history and I have really enjoyed the rain the last week or so.

Well sorry that was long. How did you all do this fine Saturday?
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
mcarthur01
on 9/12/09 3:15 am - Cumming, GA
rest day, but will be chasing kids later at my son's 3rd b-day party!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Cassie W.
on 9/12/09 4:21 am
Today was an easy 2-mile run, 2-mile walk to loosen things up for Sunday's marathon in Rochester.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/12/09 6:15 am - Fort Worth, TX
10 mile run in 1:36:15... I think it was at a 6.3MPH average or so. Nice and easy, nothing crazy. Have a great weekend ya'll.... What sucks the worst is I had to do it on the dreadmill as the same rain that plagued Darrell did not elude us here in Fort Worth. Anyways.... it's over, and it's time to relax. Big week of training next week, then Taper for Augusta, GA Ironman 70.3! Take care....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Waterwench
on 9/12/09 6:17 am - portland, OR
Darrell, cut yourself some slack! You rocked just for getting out there! We're not super-human and sometimes we don't quite meet our goals. It doesn't mean this workout was a waste--think of how much good you did your body today, AND it was 2.28 miles longer than your race training plan, too.

Kudos to you!

For me, I ran 4.22 miles with both uphill and downhill components at about a 10 minute pace. It was cool and shady for most of my route, which I love!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Duane1064
on 9/12/09 10:50 am - Bloomington, IN
 My Father-in-Law unexpectedly passed away on Monday morning and we buried him today so this week was filled with a lot of sadness and mourning.  I didn't really have a chance to exercise this week nor did I feel much like doing it.  This evening while everyone took a nap I went to the trail and rode 25 miles on my mountain bike.  It felt really good to get out and do something again.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Darrell H.
on 9/12/09 10:54 am - Sinton, TX
Duane, I am so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do, just let me know.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Duane1064
on 9/13/09 3:31 am - Bloomington, IN
 Thanks Darrell I appreciate that.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Linn D.
on 9/12/09 12:40 pm - Missoula, MT
Did my long-er run today since I knew there wouldn't be any time tomorrow while we're doing some remodel work.  I hoped for 8 miles, but was happy with 7.  Did most of it at 6.6 mph base with 4 2-minute intervals at 7.5.

Linn 
Seht
on 9/12/09 3:48 pm
was supposed to do 11 miles, but ended at 7.5.  I stopped at 6 to get some water and a gel, I stiffened up and never could get back into a fluid run.  Oh well no worries.  I have a 72 mile bike ride planned for tomorrow.

Should be a nice ride.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active