Monday - Labor Day Workouts

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/7/09 4:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone is relaxing enjoying a little down time before getting back to "The Grind". Let's hear what ya'll did today for excercise. I did my first run since Ironman today.... 4.5 Miles in 36:31 Averaged 7.4 MPH and was real happy with that. Have a good one ya'll....

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 9/7/09 4:35 am
Dan,  it sounds like your body is none the worse for wear after your Ironman success!

Today's a rest day for me.  I'm in a mini-taper for the Rochester Marathon.  My schedule calls for just 2 six milers this week.  Have a great week.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Hawgman
on 9/7/09 6:14 am - TX
Day off!!

Did a 5K race in 26:38 yesterday and a 11 miler on Saturday?  Kind of leg weary.
Get started back on the road tomorrow.  White Rock will be here before long!
Darrell H.
on 9/7/09 7:48 am - Sinton, TX
Dang Dan, I dont know how you do it. Great job. I had a 40 minute recovery run today on the treadmill at 1% incline and at 5.1 mph. Tomorow is cross training and I think I will go for a ride if this dang sore throat allows me to.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Serenity08
on 9/7/09 8:53 am - NH
 A rest day today for me.  Feels weird not to have exercised!
Serenity

Markrb
on 9/7/09 10:42 am - MA
I did  a 36 mile bike ride on a very hilly run today. It was another cool sunny day and the ride was awesome. I love this time of year in NE.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

MacMadame
on 9/7/09 2:50 pm - Northern, CA
I did a 20 mile bike ride.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 9/7/09 3:15 pm
I did an hour and a half on the bike tonight.  chucked it up in the trainer and tried to keep the heart rate in zone 3.
I'll take 3 hours on the road over 1.5 hours on the trainer any day.  That is just mind and butt numbing.  hah

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Rob S.
on 9/7/09 9:21 pm - DE

This was my birthday weekend.  I really love being able to celebrate my birthday, because prior to my surgery almost six years ago, I  didn't anticipate being around for another birthday.  Now it is great to making up for so much lost time.

Since my birthday was on Saturday, I celebrated with a quick 5-mile run.  Sunday I ran 8.5 mile as the first run started for our marathon training.  The Rehoboth Beach marathon is on Nov. 21st.  Monday did a 40-mile cycling ride.  The MS-150 Bike to the Bay is coming up quick (Oct. 3rd-4th), so I'm trying to get some people ready for the ride.

Keep pushing the pedal!
Rob

Duane1064
on 9/7/09 9:34 pm - Bloomington, IN
Rob, good job!  It's great to hear from a vet. like you and to know that you're doing so well this far out.  Keep up the good work.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Most Active