workouts

Darrin D.
on 9/5/09 4:41 am - GA
Hey all, I am in need of some help...

I am just over a year out from Realize Band surgery, down about 60lbs.  I am at the gym pretty often, but I am feeling like I am not getting a really good workout.  I do about 3 miles on the treadmill, but after that I am kinda lost.....I do some weights and some of the various machines, but I dont have anything like a set routine.   I just dont know how to plan out the excercises.  Anybody know of a good resource to help?  Maybe an online site with some basic plans that I could build on?

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
Linn D.
on 9/5/09 5:59 am - Missoula, MT
I can't say that I know of an online resource for you since mostly what I do is follow training plans for certain kinds of events.  I have a normal run/cycle schedule that I typically follow (based on triathlon training) and work some swimming in.  My gym has circuit weights that I try to do once a week, but unfortunately it's a low priority for me.

Anyway, it might be in your best interest to inquire about some personal training.  Most gyms will offer one complementary session to assist you in defining a workout.  Most are good about asking what your personal goals are and designing a plan around that.  I'm not saying you should use one every time, but I know lots of folks who use one to get a plan set up and then to adjust the plan every 6-8 weeks.  The only thing I would caution you on would be that many rely heavily on weight training and forget to emphasize the importance of at least 30 minutes of solid cardio per day. 

Sorry I'm not more help than that.

Linn
Darrell H.
on 9/5/09 7:13 am - Sinton, TX
I am not sure what your fitness goals are, but I have used an online resource in th epast. it is a pretty good fitness plan, but it doesnt fit my goals as of right now. If your goal is just overall fitness, you might look it up. It is called Body for Life at www.bodyforlife.com
You can navigate through the site, but if you want to go straight to their workout program, just click on the exercise tab at the top of the page.

Good luck and good job!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Darrin D.
on 9/5/09 1:05 pm - GA

Thanks ya'll,   right now, any help is good.  

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
Most Active