Running an extra marathon

Cassie W.
on 9/3/09 9:39 am, edited 9/3/09 9:40 am
My running partners and I decided to register for the Sept. 13th Rochester Marathon as a training run for our main marathon next month in Albany.  Our training plan calls for a 23-miler that weekend, so we figured, what's another 3.2 miles!  We'll just have to watch the pace so we don't forget that our "A" race isn't until next month.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Scott William
on 9/3/09 10:10 am
That's a great idea.  It will add another notch to the belt.  I wi**** was a week earlier so I could come and cheer.  I will be near Rochester this weekend for the New York State Festival of Balloons in Dansville.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Waterwench
on 9/3/09 10:13 am - portland, OR
Cassie, that sounds like a great idea! What a coup, to get two marathons within a month of each other!
saxman007
on 9/3/09 2:51 pm - Port Huron, MI
 I'll be anxious to hear how you feel after this!
I'm doing the Detroit marathon October 18th followed by the NYC 2 weeks later.  My plan though is to flip the races and aim for a PB in Detroit and take things easy and bring a camera for the NYC
mcarthur01
on 9/3/09 10:55 pm - Cumming, GA
very impressive!  i'm struggling with the run currently as i'm continuing tri training, it's just so damn painful sometimes to run....  maybe you can lend some pointers?
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 9/4/09 1:17 am
Just 1 extra marathon ha-ha,  Congrats and best of luck to you.  I hope you have a great day and the prep work pays off.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Rob S.
on 9/4/09 4:34 am - DE
Wow, just adding another marathon as a training exercise.  No wonder you are my hero!
Rob
Linn D.
on 9/4/09 4:48 am - Missoula, MT
I totally understand the thought process, and I'm glad you could find one at the right time.  It's doubtful that I'll even do ONE this year.  This is supposed to be hell year in pharmacy school, so training gets pushed back a little.

Have a great couple of races!

Linn 
Most Active