Hello all and I have a ????

unidos
on 8/25/09 1:22 am - Deland, FL
Why do I feel like I wanna barf after a good workout?...  I ride my bike 5 miles as a warm up then come home and do about an hour of intense stretching.  The bike ride is fine just after the stretching is where i have the issue..

lol yummy

Seht
on 8/25/09 1:58 am
Dehydration
Nutrition
Any issues with blood sugars?

Are you making sure to keep your fluid intake up?
Are you eating before, during or after your workouts.  Lots of people have G.I. issues, but it is usually during a run that I find the sick feeling if I am eating poorly.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

unidos
on 8/25/09 2:19 am - Deland, FL
Getting plenty of fluids. I live in FL have to stay hydrated.  I eat before my ride usually fish/ chicken and veggies. No issues with blood sugars.    

Going to drop the stretching until i have my labs next month.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/25/09 7:14 am - Fort Worth, TX
Maybe lay off the heavy foods before the workout, and maybe you are riding too hard. There is a difference between aerobic and anaerobic workouts. Aerobic is when you are burning fat and your heart rate usually stays in a fairly comfortable level. Anaerobic is when you are working VERY hard and your heart rate is usually uncomfortable and is burning Glycogen. Many times people who try to go too hard too soon, experience the whole puking thing. I would suggest not such heavy foods prior to workout, instead maybe protein shake or electrolyte drink or banana, try going a little slower for a little longer ride and I bet that takes care of the prob. Welcome to this side of the tracks bro... Gotta love the Super Red Hawk as always....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

unidos
on 8/25/09 12:03 pm - Deland, FL
Hey man I wanted to come out to Orlando when you were here but had surg on the 15th and was not up to being in that heat.. I need to get out and start shooting again.. Ye ol 44 takes a lot of practice to get used to.

I was doing a muscle milk alone in the beginning. Then came in did low weight dumbbell lifts and the stretch and felt sick.. I added food before the ride instead of the MM and still sick. So I just ride now till I can figure out a combination.

I will try eating a banana and the longer ride @ a slower pace. Will see how that goes..

Is it best to work out when you get up, afternoon or before bed.  Do certain work outs have a better effect with a long rest period?

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/25/09 12:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I like running and cycling in the morning to avoid the heat. As for swimming, anytime, but usually with the Masters Swim Team in the early morning. It is actually best to lift weights in the early evening and have dinner after your lifting session. I can't stand Muscle Milk... It is WAY too sweet for me and makes me kind of quezy. I find the best tasting protein for me is the Body Fortress Stuff at Walmart.... It's $14 for a big tub and doesn't taste like crap with jus****er... 52G for 2 scoops.... A 52G shake in the morning, 52G shake post workout, and 52G shake before bed... 175G - 200G a day is the target... If I eat a lot of protein from food throughout the day, I hold off on the pre-bedtime shake. You are gonna be solid!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

unidos
on 8/25/09 12:52 pm - Deland, FL
lol muscle milk taste how bandaids smell.. I know someone who works at GNC and she hooks me up.. The pre mixed ones are so gross...

I order Nutra-Bio un flavored. Tired of drinking what each company thinks cookies and cream should taste like... 

thank you for the info.. Need to get back on the horse and take things slow vs beating myself up..

MacMadame
on 8/25/09 4:02 pm - Northern, CA
"muscle milk taste how bandaids smell"

Ohmigod, that's exactly how it tastes!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active